Dungeon light rendering issue

Hey guys!

I'm trying some things out with alternative light sources in a dungeon I'm building and it looks pretty cool. However, when I try to export it into a jpeg the light is messed up. I think it might be a rendering issue but I'm not sure how to solve it. Here's some pictures to explain the problem:

Comments

• GatharGathar Traveler
    I think your issue looks really like the one I had some times ago. You can look in the following discussion for the solution that was given to me at that time:
    http://forum.profantasy.com/comments.php?DiscussionID=6470
  • edited October 2017
    Posted By: GatharI think your issue looks really like the one I had some times ago. You can look in the following discussion for the solution that was given to me at that time:
    http://forum.profantasy.com/comments.php?DiscussionID=6470
    Thanks for the link, However it seems that the xml have changed in the past year in an update, or for some reason I do not have these fields available in my version :/
  • jslaytonjslayton Moderator, ProFantasy Mapmaker
    The export system renders the drawing as a series of horizontal bands when the export gets larger than will fit into a single pass. The number of pixels in a pass is controlled by the ExportImages/MaxPixelsPerPass setting in CC3Plus.xml. You will likely have to manually enter the XML section mentioned in the above posting (the whole ExportImages section) because those values are not present in CC3Plus.xml by default.

The suggested value of MaxPixelsPerPass (40 Million) is ten times larger than the default value. The small default value was chosen because it works reliably on all systems, including lower-memory 32-bit systems. The larger value is suitable for more modern systems, especially when CC3+ is running on a 64-bi version of Windows.
  • edited October 2017
    Posted By: jslaytonThe export system renders the drawing as a series of horizontal bands when the export gets larger than will fit into a single pass. The number of pixels in a pass is controlled by the ExportImages/MaxPixelsPerPass setting in CC3Plus.xml. You will likely have to manually enter the XML section mentioned in the above posting (the whole ExportImages section) because those values are not present in CC3Plus.xml by default.

The suggested value of MaxPixelsPerPass (40 Million) is ten times larger than the default value. The small default value was chosen because it works reliably on all systems, including lower-memory 32-bit systems. The larger value is suitable for more modern systems, especially when CC3+ is running on a 64-bi version of Windows.
    Thanks for the reply!

There are many options on where to put this block, is it a block I push under CampaignCartographer3Plus-XP-PKData? Or is there another full address I should incorporate? If you have that in your own config file I would be happy to see it ^^

For now I will try some options and see if anything works
  • edited October 2017
    So far I have tried this and had no luck, as if the program ignores it and goes rendering 6 times anyway, maybe it has something to do with the jpeg export options?

edit - Also, when attempting to save this block anywhere else the configuration file pushes it there automatically.
  • MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer
    edited October 2017
    The block needs to be outside the <XP> tag, not inside it. I have mine near the end of the file, right before the closing </CampaignCartographer3Plus&gt tag.

Also, be aware that 40000000 may be too large a value for some maps/computers and cause a crash during rendering. 20000000 is a more safe value in my experience. Feel free to keep it at 40000000 for now, just be ready to adjust it down if crashes do start happening. Nothing of this has anything with it not working at all though.