Not signed in (Sign In)

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome Guest!
Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
    • CommentAuthorLorelei
    • CommentTimeSep 27th 2017 edited

So, FINALLY my PCs are heading underground....deep underground in search of a lost city, where within it's ruins lies a hidden pool of water....another pool blessed by the goddess of Singing Groves and Standing Waters. In my homebrew world, the world known as the Underdark in D&D lore is known as the Darkbelow. So, ive begun working on a few random encounter maps for their travels through the perilous world below. Here, the PCs will more than likely be ambushed by creatures on the far cliffs, or some water creatures, as they cross the bridges over the strange dark waters of the Darkbelow Lake, a large lake that weaves its way almost river-like throughout the upper regions of the Darkbelow..... (frame and labeling for your pleasure, as my PCs will get this one on Roll20 - and I HATE using a grid on my maps)
      Underdark lake small.png
    • CommentAuthorScottA
    • CommentTimeSep 27th 2017

Very nice. Love the water.
    • CommentAuthorLoopysue

That's pretty brilliant water, Lorelei. How did you do that?
    •  
      CommentAuthorDogtag

Agreed. A nice map overall, particularly the dust and gravel strewn over the bridges (though you know my general thoughts on "photorealistic" maps), but the water is excellent. I especially like what looks like ripples on the right, there and what appear to be rocks under the surface. Brava, signorina, brava.
    • CommentAuthorJimP

That ought to make them go and change their armor.
    • CommentAuthorLorelei
    • CommentTimeSep 28th 2017 edited

Thanks guys. The water is a fill i found sometime back somewhere - the "ripples" are within the picture and i've just manipulated the fill size so the ripples fit exactly where i wanted them. The fill is almost completely transparent (just for the ripple effect) then i've got several fills layered for just the right color and textures on the lake bed (rocks, etc) and an all around Hue/Sat on the entire map gives it that underground feel.
    • CommentAuthorLoopysue
    • CommentTimeSep 28th 2017

Very clever - but then you are a genius ;)
    • CommentAuthorUalaa
    • CommentTimeSep 28th 2017

That looks very nice; well done indeed.
    Lorelei, this is absolutely stunning... I can't say anything else... I'm speechless :)