Not signed in (Sign In)

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome Guest!
Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
    I am looking for the type of symbols you would find in an old fashioned school atlas for maps at approx 1:1000000 to 1.:3000000, i.e. mainly red (or red and black) squares and circles of different sizes for cities and towns.

I have tried to create my own, as outlined in the CC3 manual but they just do not look right
    (and I have problems saving my own made symbols as .fcw - they save as .fsc, and if I use more than one colour then Define New Symbol Dialog does not open)

Thank you!
    •  
      CommentAuthorMonsen
    • CommentTimeJul 19th 2017

There is a symbol catalog in @Symbols\Other\Geometry.FSC that contains circles and squares (and other shapes). It only have one size though, but you can just use different scales, for example 1 for cities, 0.8 for towns, and so on, or whatever fits your map.

Posted By: pvs@vsmg.comand I have problems saving my own made symbols as .fcw - they save as .fsc
    Symbol catalogs are supposed to save as .fsc, that is the extension for symbol catalogs, and the default filter used when you manually open a symbol catalog (through the open button immediately above of the symbol catalog window)

Posted By: pvs@vsmg.comand if I use more than one colour then Define New Symbol Dialog does not open
    That sounds very weird, never heard about such a problem before. Are you sure you complete the command properly (i.e. right click and select "Do It" after selecting the parts of the new symbol you wish to define?
    Thank you very much. I will try this.