Not signed in (Sign In)

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome Guest!
Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
    • CommentAuthorLoopysue
    • CommentTimeJun 4th 2017

I'm currently using a very similar method to the one you've used here - solid colour with a bevel - but I'm doing it in negative. I'm putting whole blocks of colour down and dividing them vaguely into houses/terraces using bright pink lines and a Colour Key. I don't think any of the spiderweb mess I'm making will appear in the final map. I just need to get a better feel for the arrangement and scale of my own city, which I think is only going to be about 1/2 t0 2/3 the size of yours. Its too much of a mess to show it right now, but I have standard house symbols dotted around the place looking ridiculously idiosyncratic with the bevelled houses, but I need them there to keep the scale sensible.

Hats off to you for the magnificent job you are doing on this :D
    • CommentAuthorHadrianVI
    • CommentTimeJun 6th 2017

Hi guys

I'll try to show you another update of the city sometimes this or next week.
    For now I can show you the shield with the banner of Vyrn. It's done completely in CC3+ with the heraldry annual and some effects.
    It will be copied over to the map once I get to do the finishing touches.
      Vyrnian Shield.JPG
    •  
      CommentAuthorQuenten
    • CommentTimeJun 6th 2017

Pretty good use of that annual
    • CommentAuthorHadrianVI
    • CommentTimeJun 7th 2017

Thank you, Quenten.
    • CommentAuthorpixelkitteh
    • CommentTimeJun 7th 2017 edited

Awesome! I just bought this annual and installed it, looking forward to making some heraldry. This looks great Hadrian!
    • CommentAuthorScottA
    • CommentTimeJun 13th 2017

WOWZA! When I need a large city mapped I know who I'm going to hire to do it (I just hate doing cities! LOL!). This is mind-blowing! Fantastic! Amazing job!
    • CommentAuthorHadrianVI
    • CommentTimeJun 17th 2017 edited

@Pixel: Thank you.:)

@ScottA: Thank you. I am honored:) However, I would generally advise against having large cities mapped by someone else, because it takes a hell lot of time and is therefore quite expensive.

As promised, here's my update.
    I generated a ~3k jpeg file of the city, that should give a nice impression of what still needs to be done. There are just so much holes in between the houses that need to be filled.
    Also, I deleted the fields that could be seen in previous versions. I decided to do so, because they were out of proportion. I will redo them as soon as possible. As you can see, the outer city has been expanded a bit and it still needs a lot of work.

Anyway, I hope you guys like the map.
      Vyrn XI.JPG
    •  
      CommentAuthorQuenten
    • CommentTimeJun 17th 2017

Awesome, what else can one say
    • CommentAuthorLoopysue

I think I need to rethink Sanctuary after seeing this. It would currently fit in about a tenth of that size :P

Very inspiring Hadrian!
    Wooooaahhhh... This is incredible. I love <3
    •  
      CommentAuthorDogtag
    • CommentTimeJun 17th 2017 edited

*is humbled*

Absolutely amazing. There's a lot to like in this map, but the one thing that really sticks out for me is that we see the supports for the aquaduct via the shadow (and get a sense of it's height). That's really cool. But even cooler is how you drew the shadow across the city wall and down the slope of the land. Nice touch, that.

I eagerly look forward to the finished deal.

Cheers,
    ~Dogtag
    • CommentAuthorLorelei

A M A Z I N G
    • CommentAuthorHadrianVI
    • CommentTime2 days ago

Thank you, guys. I just realized that I have not replied to your comments.