DD3 - Curved Walls with Straight Walls?

Hello all,

New to the product, and finding the interface extremely frustrating and clunky. I'm trying to build a dungeon that starts with a corridor that opens into a room. I want the room wall to open in a circular fashion. I followed the tutorial on "" and I think I managed to creat some walls that kind of curve out, but it looks pretty lousy. It looks like someone dropped a semicircle on top of a straight line (which is what happened).

Isn't there a better way to do this? I thought this tool could meld the walls together to resolve the issue with these seams?

Anyway, any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Comments

• I'm new to mapping also, so I have no solution for you... but the people here are really good at using the software. They will probably need to see your map, so they can take a look at what you are trying to do? Could you post your map for them to see? you can attach your .fcw file and upload it directly to the site.

I hope that helps you get your answers
  • DkarrDkarr Traveler
    edited March 2016
    If you are new to the product I would recommend using all the tutorials with the software to get very comfortable with the interface. The software is built on a Computer Aided Design (CAD) engine and it is unlike any paint program in function and form. Most people are very used to using the windows type of interface, and a lot of frustration can be averted simply by doing those tutorials to get used to the CAD tools.

What you are attempting to do, seamless walls, can be done but there are multiple ways to skin that particular cat, and familiarity with the software is recommended for any of them.

To accomplish it you would first convert every one of the walls to LINES (NON-VISUAL SCALE XY is a useful way of doing this). Then you would use the LINE to PATH command (LTP2) to convert everything to one path. You might have to do multiple passes with the Line to PATH to get all the items. If you want it all to be one massive wall you might have to then convert to a polygon and change the line width.