Texturize Sheet Effect

Hello,

I'm attempting to apply the texturize sheet effect. When I am in the texturize dialog and I apply the texture or press OK the texture appears and looks great, but as soon as I press OK or Apply on the sheet effects dialog the texture disappears.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,
Terry

Comments

• 1 month later
  • Hello. I'm encountering this problem with CC3+ / DD3 too. I submitted a bug report but just wondering if this is indeed a bug and if so, is there a workaround?
    Cheers
    Mappy.
  • 1 month later
  • Hello,

I've got the same dead end with texturize on CC3+. Any ideas? Am I doing something wrong? :)
  • jslaytonjslayton Moderator, ProFantasy Mapmaker
    Try turning the brightness control down, possibly to half of what you have for intensity or less (maybe 40 or less). It almost looks like there is a double apply of the effect when doing the Apply operation from the dialogs, resulting in a much darker result than you get on a regular redraw (or maybe the brightness option isn't being set on the apply).

What texture map are you using for your operations? The intensity range in the texture map can affect the results (if the texture map is mostly mid-to-light grays, then a brightness much above 50% will wash it away almost completely).
  • Ahh great stuff, thanks jslayton, turning down the brightness worked a treat. I'm relieved to see this as texturize is a great effect and I thought it was buggered, but it was actually me using the wrong settings!
  • Thank you! I've figured it out after several trials. But you here gave me an explanation. I was using farmland bitmap from Mike Schley's overland. Now I'm going to change the whole farmland story and discard an idea of texturizing.