Not signed in (Sign In)

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome Guest!
Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
    1. The town Andergast were the adventure begins. It's made with John Roberts City Stile with objects from Bitmap Style B and some plants from Mike Schley.
      Andergast.JPG
    2. The Journey through Nordwestaventurien from Andergast to Dreiseenbroich. The map is made with the new Mike Schley Overland Style.
      Nordwestaventurien 1.jpg
    • CommentAuthorBarliman
    • CommentTimeApr 12th 2015

Both are quite nice. I especially like the town. Most seem too regular, as if an urban planner was in charge. This, instead, seems nicely irregular and more like a place someone lives in.

Regarding the overland map, near the walled town a river passes under a hill: is there supposed to be a tunnel there? Also, the hill symbols seem a bit large in relation to the other symbols, especially the forests.

Great work, though!
    The hideout of the villian, it's an old abandon motte.
      Der verrufene Turm.JPG
    Congratulations. Vewry nice work, specialy with the town and the "hideout".
    Dreiseenbroich, the village there the hereos collect the clues to find the villians. It's made with CC3+ and CD3 with Bitmap Set B.
      Dreiseenbroich farbig.jpg
    • CommentAuthorkylania
    • CommentTimeJul 24th 2015

That hideout does not look structurally sound! Looks beautiful for sure, but also just about to topple over. :)
    •  
      CommentAuthorDogtag
    • CommentTimeJul 27th 2015

It all looks marvelous! I especially like the forest map and the irregular walls of the hideout. Did you fractalize the walls?

One thing I notice, though, is that it seems the walls do not cast directional shadows. The doors do but the walls don't. It seems a bit strange.

Other than that, I think these are awesome. And I agree with Barliman, the towns have a refreshing "organic" look to them. Thanks for sharing!

Cheers,
    ~Dogtag
    Thanks for the comments and tipps.

Yes I forgot the shadows of the walls and made the walls with the closed polygon tool.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDogtag
    • CommentTimeJul 27th 2015 edited

Wow, that's a lot of work for walls, but it paid off nicely!

I forgot to mention earlier, I also applaud your use of symbols, particularly the table or trapdoor symbol, for things other than their initial purpose, like the stairs landing. Very nice!

~Dogtag
    What a fantastic set of maps!! They go together to make a great adventure module. Just need a couple of dungeons/ruins in the area to explore now!

DMG