CC3 Plus Release and Testing - Please Read This First

Simon RogersSimon Rogers Administrator, ProFantasy Traveler
If you want to post about CC3+, and we encourage you to do so, please can you read this first:

1. The CC3+ upgrade is being released in three stages:
  • The pre-release version which has gone out to Character Artist 3 customers who took up our offer of a free upgrade before Jan 2014, people who bought recently, 2014 convention customers and Unlimited License Patrons. If you can't find the email contact us
  • The Early Adopter Version upgrade is available and on sale from the registration area. This version is on sale only $25 until 1st February.. Vouchers which offer a greater discount to recent customers have gone out. If you can't find the email contact us.
  • The release version.
2. We welcome feedback on the forum - post your maps, for example. But please, if you discover a problem, try the same thing in CC3. It's helpful if we know if it's a new bug we've introduced or an old one. It would be great (though not obligatory) if you find a bug in CC3+, that you report it here.

3. If you bought Campaign Cartographer since CC3+ was released, you'll be offered both CC3 and CC3+ to download and install. They work independently. Over the next few months, we'll be updating all add-ons so that they are compatible with CC3+. You do not need to download or install CC3+ until you want to use it.

4. We'll continue to offer regular free updates to CC3+.

5. The add-ons will take a while to be made compatible. The modernisation of the source code has unexpected consequences, so I can't give you an accurate timescale. DD3 is first.

6. Our next major release add-on release will be Perspectives 3. That could be many months away judging by our track record on release dates.

Comments

• Perspectives 3, thank you !
  • A road map like this one is quite valuable. Thanx.
  • AEIOUAEIOU Newcomer
    Happy birthday to me! Looking forward to the early adopter release. Still bummed I missed the last discount for annuals....
  • edited January 2015
    First congradulations on getting CC3+ out the door, I know its been a long road for you all as a team, and long wait for us, but I for one appreciate time vs releasing buggy half baked products.

Second I want to thank you for making the CC3 to CC3+ upgrade very cost effective. Always nice to feel important with a little loyalty bonus, as a logn long time CC owner, cost effective upgrades are very appreciated.

Third, due to the second thing I am now a continued loyal customer of Profantasy with CC3+. I look foward to the upgrade of the rest of the product line.
  • I must echo Exmortis here and say that this is good news for us and you. I have been a longtime user of CC3 and this looks fantastic. Thank you for your continued work on improving CC and its satellite products. I am getting the upgrade today.
  • Just want to say 'thanks' for the free upgrade! :) Still very much a new user of CC3 but I'm happy to start playing around with CC3+! :)
  • I have been toying with the new release and haven't found any bugs yet. Can't wait until I can add my add-ons. Looking forward to working with City Designer in this.
  • Very happy to see the upgrade announcement in my mail this morning; I've already made my purchase and I'm looking forward to playing with it! Congratulations on the release!
  • edited January 2015
    I also can't wait for the addons to be made compatible. I'm looking forward to using DD3 and the symbol sets.

I also have a question: Will the CSUAC symbols be made compatible? At the moment they don't work.
  • JimPJimP 🖼️ 280 images Cartographer
    edited January 2015
    Posted By: mistamichalI also can't wait for the addons to be made compatible. I'm looking forward to using DD3 and the symbol sets.

I also have a question: Will the CSUAC symbols be made compatible? At the moment they don't work.
    You would have to ask the CSUAC folks, they don't work for Profantasy.
  • VintyriVintyri Newcomer
    edited January 2015
    You would have to ask the CSUAC folks, they don't work for Profantasy.
    There aren't any CSUAC folks anymore. There also is no authorized site as such for the old CC3 version of the CSUAC. Before the CSUAC owner vanished from our screens, he authorized two CSUAC sites, one for the original Dundjinni version and one for our FM8 version. Shessar - a frequent contributor to this forum - then did the work necessary to make our FM8 version of the CSUAC work with CC3.

Thus, the question of what has to be done to make the CSUAC work with CC3+ needs to be answered (although not necessarily resolved) by ProFantasy, simply because no one else can do it.

Based upon Simon's recent answer to my query regarding converting our Vintyri (TM) symbols for CC3+, I assume that this will be no big deal, and perhaps Shessar will jump in again and do what is necessary, just as she did last time.
  • edited January 2015
    Posted By: Vintyri
    Based upon Simon's recent answer to my query regarding converting our Vintyri (TM) symbols for CC3+, I assume that this will be no big deal, and perhaps Shessar will jump in again and do what is necessary, just as she did last time.
    Yes, as soon as I get my early adopter offer I will start playing around with setting the CSUAC up again. :-D
  • Our next major release will be Perspectives 3. Darn I just bought the old one. Will I get the updated version when its released?
  • Simon RogersSimon Rogers Administrator, ProFantasy Traveler
    Posted By: TheoOur next major release will be Perspectives 3. Darn I just bought the old one. Will I get the updated version when its released?
    I sincerely hope in the next six months, but I suspect issues will come up which stop it working in the new environment. That, plus our caution on releasing things into the wild, and our almost patholgical inabilty to set and keep by release dates means it will probably be a lot later.
  • When will the other CC3 software products be useable in CC3+?
  • Posted By: Simon Rogers5. Our next major release add-on release will be Perspectives 3. That could be many months away judging by our track record on release dates.
    Is Dioramas 3 anywhere on the horizon?

I also echo Highland_Piper's question, when will the add-ons be useable in CC3+ ?
  • DD3 currently has a beta installer being tested. So, hopefully, it shouldn't be too long for that to be ready.
  • Simon RogersSimon Rogers Administrator, ProFantasy Traveler
    Posted By: KthulhuIs Dioramas 3 anywhere on the horizon?

I also echo Highland_Piper's question, when will the add-ons be useable in CC3+ ?
    We are working on add-ons now. It's a very big job and very hard to estimate the programming time, because the modernisation of the source code has knock on effects throughout all the add-ons. The installations are complex and as with CC3+, we want to get them just right.

Dioramas 3 won't require too much more programming - just some simplification of dialogs, but will require a lot of new artwork. We'd be very interested in feedback from existing users on another thread.
  • olonaolona Newcomer
    Hey,

Congratulations on getting CC3+ out.

Is there a list of the new features, especially the different sheet "Effects"? Is there also a list where I can see what the effect does, instead of testing it out on everything?

Thanks again though, great product.
  • Wow i guess my timing is great! I just purchased CC3 and several addons last week, so it looks like i'll get CC3+ upgrade for free in addition to the beta client.
  • 17 days later
  • Am I right in thinking the updates for add-ons like DD3 to make them compatible for CC3+ will be free?
  • RalfRalf Administrator, ProFantasy 🖼️ 18 images Mapmaker
    Yes, you are right.
  • 15 days later
  • 01i01i
    edited March 2015
    I was moving my CC3PlusSetup.exe to another location on my HDD and Avast suddenly jumped in to say that it detected a suspected virus part way through the process of moving the file. I reported it as a false positive and cancelled the attempt to delete or quarantine the file, but as I've never seen that happen before on any other program, I wanted to report it.

Avast doesn't detect anything when I scan the file (neither does malwarebytes), so it was only part way through the copying process when anything 'looked' bad. I just re-downloaded the early adopter setup program so that I could do a hash check against the file I had installed, the old version (downloaded 21st Jan) was smaller than the newly downloaded version, so I'm not sure if Avast removed part of the file, or you've modified the setup program since initially uploading it. I'll hang on to the original exe, in case you want a copy.
  • DogtagDogtag Moderator, Betatester Traveler
    edited March 2015
    In my experience, Avast has pretty much consistently reacted to XPDD2_CC3.dll as a virus or malware and, in more recent tests, it's been reacting to Text32cc.dll as well. Neither of these are malicious, of course, and I've been reporting them to Avast as false positives since, at least, early October 2014. It annoys me a great deal that they have apparently ignored my — and others' — false positive reports. But, rest assured, in addition to your own, people have been reporting them to Avast.

The best thing you can do, when installing, moving or, yes, uninstalling ProFantasy software is to disable the Avast real-time shields beforehand.

~Dogtag
  • 8 days later
  • edited March 2015
    Any idea when we will be able to make use of the Annuals in CC3 Plus? I find them very useful in CC3. You guys are doing a great job! I look forward to hearing back.
  • 8 days later
  • edited March 2015
    I have a question about CC3+ compatibility. I know that all the add-ons are planned to be upgraded to CC3+ compatibility. But I also have all the Source Maps, the Symbol Sets, most of the Annuals (2007-2012), the Tome of Ultimate Mapping, and the WW2 Interactive Atlas. Are any of these compatible with CC3+? And if not, are there plans to make them compatible?
  • 7 days later
  • JimPJimP 🖼️ 280 images Cartographer
    edited April 2015
    Text. When I type in text in the Text requestor, it shows there fine and works well. Except the text I typed in stays on the cursor. So when I want to type something different, a new room number in a dungeon as an example, I have to Esc then Enter to get the requestor back up to type the next text I want on the map.

edit:

It says Arrow keys to increase/decrease the numbers. All the arrow keys on my laptop do, under WIn 8.1, is to rotate the number around an axis.
  • I am with kewlrane and Kthulhu:
    When are the Annuals compatible with CC3+?