First CD3 Attempt

I've used CC3 for a while now, mostly with DD3 for dungeon maps (usually based on existing campaign maps), where I feel pretty secure. However, I wanted to make a village map and it just doesn't feel right to me.

I feel like I got lost between the Bitmap A and Bitmap B .. and house styles/street styles. Was hoping maybe I might get some critique that can put me back on the right track.

This was made with the Bitmap B 500x400 template.

Comments

• JoeyD473JoeyD473 Betatester 🖼️ 2 images Traveler
    I'm still working on my first town in CD3 called Town of Blue Stone. I used the B style background but the A style houses. The backgrounds of the A style are just a color, no texture to them where the B style has a nice texture to them. However the B style houses I htink are just ugly. Its like textures on drugs.

I like your layout for the village. It's nice and random which is how I feel most (if not all) villages should look like because villages are normally not planned out by city designers to make most efficient use of land and stuff like that

The peir witht eh boat is nice but is this a peir that can support a full ship or is it more for like fishing boats?
  • It was going to be for small boats, but I wanted to add "something" there before posting the image .. so I just grabbed the first boat I could find.

Speaking of which, I did notice that the boat's shadow is way too long .. I'll lower it in the sheet.
  • I like the map and also very much enjoy the B-style symbols. Maps created with B-style houses remind me of paintings.
  • A style does have a texture on them.. you just need to be close to see it :P

Nice map so far, very nice and well thought out.
  • It does look nice. By the way, where did you find the boat? I'm having some trouble locating any.
  • I got the CSUAC a while back, and this was in "CSUAC 3 Vehicles Fantasy.FSC"

Thanks for the comments .. I will do some more work on it and update :)