Not signed in (Sign In)

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome Guest!
Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
    • CommentAuthorClercon
    • CommentTimeNov 21st 2012

This is the map of the capital city Kartotum in Palinor. It is a commission I’ve worked on for the last couple of months in my spare time for the site Erebaltor.se.

When I grew up I used to play a lot of RPG’s with my friends. Mainly we played a Swedish game called Drakar & Demoner (Dragons & Demons). Their campaign world was Ereb Altor. So when I discovered that there still are people working on the world and when they asked me to make a city map I couldn’t really turn them down, could I.

Anyway here is the finished result. Numbers on important houses will be added, but that might take a while (I have no idea of the names of the stuff here). The map is made using three different programs. The actual city (houses and stuff) is made in CD3, the cliffs that surround the city (it is situated on the hillside of a mountain) is made in Artrage and the border and labeling plus some shadows are made in Photoshop.

I hope you like it.
      kartotum_donePF.jpg
    •  
      CommentAuthorRalf

Just wonderful!
    • CommentAuthorClercon

Thanks Ralf.
    Beautfull work Clercon!
    WOW!
    • CommentAuthorBOHICA

AMAZING! Looks like an old world style map. Now this would make a great Annual Style.
    • CommentAuthorFarsightX3

Fantastic!
    Good I was sitting when I saw that... Everything's so perfectly designed and incorporated in a whole... Cliffs, layout, details everywhere ... You just want to go there for your next vacations!
    • CommentAuthorHenrie61

What everyone else said and then add an extra GREAT JOB.
    • CommentAuthorClercon

Thanks for all the nice words about the map. I put a lot of time and effort into it so I really appreciate that you all like it.
    @Bohica - The style is actually included in CD3. I've just worked a bit with the light in photoshop, added some texture and of course draw the cliffs. But apart from that it is all there :)
    • CommentAuthorSven

Very nice! Very creative!
    • CommentAuthorDogtag

*is speechless*
    • CommentAuthorNils
    • CommentTimeNov 22nd 2012

Amazing! Absolutely wonderful!
    • CommentAuthorClercon
    • CommentTimeNov 22nd 2012 edited

Thanks again and I'm glad that the time I put into this map payed of. I've worked on it on and off for about three months, so it is a lot of work put into it. I'm really appreciating all your support :)
    If you'd like to see the map in higher resolution you can go to http://fc09.deviantart.net/fs71/i/2012/325/9/5/kartotum_done_by_clercon-d5lrpnh.jpg
    I think that I just had an ocular imagigasm! Lol. :) SWEETNESS!!! This is one of the most awsome maps that I have ever peeped duder!!!

#1 - Great use of space!
    #2 - Awsome consistancy and continuity of style and color!
    #3 - Great "portrait view" format - very unusual and interesting!
    #4 - Very original layout concept!

FOUR STARS - TWO THUMBS UP - AND FIREWORKS BRO!!!
    • CommentAuthorGreebo
    • CommentTimeNov 25th 2012

Posted By: Dogtag*is speechless*

Me too. WOW!