Not signed in (Sign In)

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome Guest!
Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
    Hey All,

Is it possible to re-join a split/broken wall? I'm mapping a second level of a set of gatehouse towers, and on the second level I want to join the walls back together in some places where they were split by having doors.
    It depends on how your walls were constructed. If they are simple PATH entities you can use the "Combine Paths" (CMB) command to connect them. If they are filled polygons however it becomes a bit more complicated.
    They are filled walls using the Circular Room tool
    •  
      CommentAuthorMonsen
    • CommentTimeJun 29th 2020

Getting a circle back together can be a bit tricky. I would probably simply redraw the room, using the old wall as a guide, and then delete the old wall afterwards. That's probably the fastest approach. Just turn off the floor in the room tool, so you only draw the wall.
    Darn, I knew I should have kept a separate file with the original walls just in case! Ahh well.

Thanks all
    • CommentAuthorJimP
    • CommentTimeJun 29th 2020

I have older versions of my maps like this.

Start a new map and save as filename01_001, do some work, save as filename01_002, etc. Most of my maps have fewer than 20 of these saved. Some over 100. Depends on how detailed and how often I save as.

That way if I decide to go back to an earlier version, I have it.