Calibre
Last Active
Roles
Rank
Mapmaker
Badges

Latest Images

• WIP: Local Map Ice Caves Exterior

The scale follows the tome: width/1000 and is automatically set. For Local Maps (which I am calling Area Maps) it says new map width/old map width. There is no old map ?

This is the first problem. The scale of 0.05 (auto set by CC3+ but also equals Remy's formula) is perfect for trees, ridiculous for mountains. Besides, I need to see the entirely of the terrain and placing mountain symbols would obscure too much of the area. So, I am going to have to draw the contour lines. This, then, is my question. How best to do this?

Things I've tried:

1: Draw out each contour area as polygons and each with it's own color.

2: Draw out each contour area as polygons and all of the same color.

3: Draw paths and try to edit the widths of the paths.

Each of the attempts was kinda meh.

What do you guys think?

thanks

Cal

PS: Oh, almost forgot. I saw on the forums a mapper draw and print out a huge map with contours used for military strategy game, I believe. I can't find it and in any case, I don't recall him explaining how he did it heh.

seycyrusOctorilla
  • WIP: Local Map Ice Caves Exterior

It may be I need to have this thread moved to another category? I'm going to show WIP.

Step 1: Insert the bitmap:

The bitmap is on it's own sheet and layer. I have created sheets: Contour, Contour 2, and Contour 3 in case needed depending on which method I have to use for some of the contours on the actual map.

Next will be symbol scale.

seycyrus
  • WIP: First BattleMap: Ice Caves

Hey all!

I'm working on a map for my FG MERP starting up this Wednesday. It was inspired by the map in the adventure module. I really need some help. I'm going to try and post it correctly along with the FCW.

Please help me out on this. Here is what I'm having issues with:

1: indicating that the outer part of the caves is actually rock, not ice (or frost in this case)

2: frost. Trying to get a better, more obvious 'ice' fill heh.

3: bevel lighting is dull grey...can't seem to fix.

4: water...ugh. Could use some major critique/advise on that.

thankee!

Cal

PS: Oh, suppose I should explain I like drawing outside the border/screen so I don't get wonky effects right at the border/screen. I really just prefer an outlined rectangle for a border---when I can figure out how to do that, that is heh.

DaltonSpenceRaikoDakLizzy_MaracujaJimPArcwyndAleD