Calibre
Last Active
Roles
Rank
Mapmaker
Badges

Latest Images

• WIP: Shymar Hovel, Pirate City

Well, heh, the marsh fill needed width scale fixed.

Per Ms. Sue, divide it by 1.7

๐Ÿ˜

Cal

Loopysue
  • WIP: Shymar Hovel, Pirate City

Hey all!

Currently working on this map which is the swamp city where notorious pirates are headquartered. Using Watabou revised. Had some hassles with scale changing mid layout---completely unsure how I did that. Anyway, thanks to Quenten, all scales are so far correct. Lots still to do!

thanks,

Cal

LoopysueRoyal ScribeC.C. CharronQuentenRicko HascheBwenGunDak
  • WIP: Nirmathas on Golarion

Oh, I forgot to upload newest version. My bad.

Royal ScribeRicko HascheLoopysueMonsenWyvernMapjunkieGlitchDakjmabbott

Greets

I think the primary approach I have is to not limit myself to a specific fill in a given style. So, I insert other styles to give me more variety. The use of blend, blur and edge fade is essential though, as I said, this can slow down your processing/redraw. So keep that in mind.

I also use a lot of glows. I could not live without these. I use every type, depending on what I feel works best.

Just be patient with your artwork. Be patient with this program and process. If you find yourself frustrated, take a break: go water your tomato garden, cook a quiche, or a spaghetti dinner for your family---then come back when your mind is clear. ๐Ÿ˜

Oh, also, an old technique my art instructors had me do: if you are unsure of layout, overall effect etc, take a small hand mirror and look at your art in that. This can reveal many flaws your conscious brain isn't aware of, but your subconscious is. So, try different perspectives.

And finally, take a look at your map. Notice machine-like patterning? That really dulls a piece of art badly. Ralf has videos on how to deal with this issue. Check em out!

My main problem, still, is using toooooo many nodes. I have some really convoluted coastlines. After I draw them, I use SIMPLIFY and REMOVE NODES, etc; but I still find my freehand drawing style is too much for CC3 LOL. It's annoying. So, well, keep that in mind, as well.

okie dokie

Cal

Royal Scribe

Greets...

Of course! When I finish it, I'll post it here for anyone who wants.

Cal

Ricko HascheRoyal Scribe