Calibre
Last Active
Roles
Rank
Mapmaker
Badges

Latest Images

• WIP: Shymar Hovel, Pirate City

Well, is my face red. I never paid attention to the obvious fact that the buildings in Watabou style are on 2 sheets. Previous maps I've done, I had to do the process I explained above---well, I believed I did. So, to be clear (and I'm doing this as I type) hide the Buildings outline sheet (Literally, SYMBOLS BUILDINGS OUTLINE) to select only the brown buildings. THEN simply select the buildings you want to change color and then do so.

I was happy to do it the laborious way, oh yes. I found my own way LOL. I have one excuse: trying to post on the forums after very little sleep while dealing with a monstrous cold 😓

I just love this program! Once you get yourself into it and realize what you can do, man it just ROCKS heh.

thanks

oh PS: when I have the buildings and new key done, there will be an update.

Cal

LoopysueQuenten
  • [WIP] Kingdom of Gongodûr

LOL

Good enough 😁

Cal

Royal Scribe
  • [WIP] Kingdom of Gongodûr

Yeah, for me the type is still a bit lost. Those style of mountains are so busy, I find I need to really make them standout. I'd increase the size again and you can add a black blur that almost acts as a label behind the black text with the white glow. The text out and away from the mountains is quite clear, however.

Need a bit more fractalization on those rivers and roads, methinks. Like a depth of 3, random seed 300 and smoothing....maybe. Not sure. I'd have to experiment.

Overall, looking nice! I'm a little confused on why the mountain ranges are as they appear, but there's a story there I have no doubt.

😊

Cal

Royal Scribe

Let's see how this works...

LoopysueRoyal ScribeWyvernRicko Hascheroflo1QuentenShessar

UPDATE:

feedback welcome!

Royal Scriberoflo1LoopysueRicko Haschekilma.ard.venom