Wyvern
Last Active
Roles
Rank
Mapmaker
Badges

Latest Images

• WIP Inside a giant tree

If you're going for a more natural growth look, it may be better to use smoother lines for the tunnels and caves. The fractal edges right now is what made me assume they'd been tunneled in.

And don't forget the third dimension - no reason that couldn't be an ascending, or descending (or both in different places), spiral, rather than one on a more or less single horizontal plane.

EdE
  • The beauty of (fake) Colli Euganei. A new WIP.

Some of the expanses of farmland look like scaled skin - civilisation built on the back of a dragon, perhaps? ๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ‰

You could perhaps fade-out the outer edges of the whole, maybe using an overlay sheet with a large Edge Fade Inner Effect, to get away from the "edge of the world" look of too much in the map's centre compared to the periphery.

Text in banners might be too elaborate for this map; probably worth trying just text at first (you can always add banners later if that still seems needed).

AleD
  • How do I _actually_ edit a Scale Bar?

When you say "edit a Scale Bar" do you mean you need to change the number at the end of the bar from what you originally set when you placed the symbol, or do you want to make changes to various elements of the Scale Bar symbol itself beyond this?

I ask, because if you need to just change the number you typed in, if it was wrong, say, I think the only way to do that is erase the original symbol and add a new one, with the correct number for the length of Bar you need typed in.

If you want to make more changes to other elements of the Scale Bar symbol, you can go to Symbols -> Symbol Manager... from the drop-down menus, select the Scale Bar symbol from the illustrated list there (assumes you have already used the Scale Bar in your CC3+ drawing, however - if not, do that first!) and then use the Edit button. This asks you to draw a new window on-screen, and when you've done that, the symbol will appear in that and you can edit any part of it, just as you would with any other drawn element in CC3+. Depending on the style, there may be limits to what you can change (you can't edit the look of a bitmap fill style used in the symbol like this, as far as I know, for instance), but it should let you make some changes at least.

When you're done, click the little "X" box in the top right of the editing window, and you'll be asked if it's OK to keep the changes you made to the symbol. It also has the slightly disturbing note "This is NOT undoable", but this will only change that specific symbol in your current drawing if you save it this way, not in the main symbols catalogue for that style.

That will change the symbol(s) used in your current drawing to whatever your edited symbol looks like, and any fresh versions of the same symbol you use in it.

Hope this helps.

JimPGlitch
  • "Dimensional" Trees

Yes, it's possible to do this with quite a number of the top-down tree symbols, adjusting the sizes sometimes, and to slot in other symbols - such as houses (or use wooden docks as aerial walkways, for instance) - so they end up partly hidden because they're "partway" up the tree too. Worth seeing of the style you're using has any smaller bush and shrub symbols as well, as they can add extra interest. And if you want something unusual, try making any varicolor tree or shrub symbols much smaller than usual, and in bright colours, to look like flowers - perhaps like orchids, say - half-hidden among the greenery.

jonasgreenfeatherAleD
  • Coastline

I note how short this stretch of coastline is, presumably as a contrast against the Truly Evil and Impenetrable Coast around the rest of the continent, lost in the mists of the map here to lull the players into a false sense of security.

๐Ÿ˜‰

jonasgreenfeatherLillhans