Wyvern
Last Active
Roles
Rank
Mapmaker
Badges

Latest Images

• Community Atlas - Serkbergen / Peredur

Shame there aren't any descriptions to go with these, though I appreciate that's not an essential requirement for the Atlas. Quite a lot don't seem to have any scale or north indicator though, of which the scale issue seems more of a problem, especially for anyone who'd only be using the image versions of the maps.

JimPRicko Hasche
  • Community Atlas - Doriant - Galahais - The Morstarik

Yeah, I agree with Monsen regarding the text labels. There's also a problem that parts of the words on the paler text fade where they overlie the palest green on land.

I get the impression too that the roads are on a Sheet higher than everything else, so look to be overlying some of the text labels as well.

Might be worth tweaking some of the red dashed border line nodes to try to remove the odd long dashes in places, though this is a perennial difficulty and can't always be properly resolved, I know.

I'm finding the dashed roads a bit distracting. Partly, this seems to be because the roads cross over the settlement circled-dot symbols, so that could be simply part of the Sheets issue noted above. However, I think it's also partly because the roads often don't pass through the centre of the settlement symbols. While that can be a legitimate point on a map (i.e. the main road may not pass directly through a settlement), at this scale, I think it probably should be tidied-up.

JimP[Deleted User]
  • Community Atlas - Forlorn Archipelago - Fisher Isle, several villages and surrounding areas

I think if you're wanting to make a series of smaller, maybe more detailed, maps, it would be useful to have a single map showing the overall layout for the whole level as well. Much as Monsen said, you might want to do detail maps for particular areas in a city, say, or a room in a dungeon, but as GM, it's essential to know too how those parts relate to one another overall.

You could though make a feature of this for the Atlas, by using different styles for the overall map and the detail ones, perhaps.

JimP
  • Panzer sample thread

Very sorry to hear that @Lillhans .

Hope you can get something resolved and back to mapping (and AFV designing, naturally) as soon as possible.

JimPLillhans
  • Live Mapping: Modern Atlas

🌩️Thunderstorms permitting, anyway 😉⚡️

JimPLoopysue