Wyvern
Last Active
Roles
Rank
Mapmaker
Badges

Latest Images

• Live Mapping: New City Style Part 4

Not sure if something (else...) has changed about the YouTube interface lately, but this isn't the first stream I've landed on recently where the timing hasn't been what was intended by the creator. In one case, even the DAY was wrong, so at least this was only half an hour out!

JimP
  • Live Mapping: New City Style Part 4

Folks - Do please note that this week's live video is scheduled to begin 30 minutes later than normal, according to the timer note on YouTube. That's at 16:30 UTC, NOT 16:00 UTC!

JimPLoopysue
  • Community Atlas: Dendorlig Hall - A Sort-Of D23 Dungeon for Nibirum

Slightly later than I'd hoped for the eighth main update on this map, although Day 250 of 2023 seems an apt moment to present it at least, particularly as just this morning, I completed the draft notes for area 360, the final one in this mapping project! Getting those notes typed-up still lags some way behind (at area 310), so the map and notes won't be going into the Atlas right away. The end is in sight, however!

While there may be (hopefully only minor) changes needed to the map after this, during checking of the text, or as other things occur, this is likely to be close to the final version now:

From this, it's clear I finally got round to adding the title and a key for the more recurrent mapped elements, and also moved the North pointer and scaling note off the map entirely. I decided too to make the colouring of the title and header labels a pale cream, the same pale cream this style uses for its drawing window background, and which, in preparing the map for the Forum, I've also used as a thin "map border" of sorts. This header-colouring usage helps draw my eye (at least) into the map, making clear which items are peripheral to the map itself.

I've not prepared any additional close-up map or PDF notes to add here today, since the final version will be ready relatively soon anyway, although I have updated my Gallery image for this map now, to a higher res version of this near-final one.

All being well, the next update should be the Atlas submission one!

LoopysueMonsenJimPEukalyptusNowLoreleiRalfadelia hernandezLauti
  • Live Mapping: New City Style (Part 1)

I actually rather liked the look of the original map; there's a clarity to it that sometimes gets lost with the fancier non-vector styles. I may have made similar comments before though ๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ˜!

JimProflo1
  • how do I set up two floors when both have the same footprint?

If all you need initially is for all the walls to be identical for both floors, just copy and paste the walls of your first floor's drawing to wherever you need them, using |CC2COPY| .

If the doors and windows aren't the same on both levels, do this before you add any doors or windows.

If both levels will be in the same map, you can just use the straight copy command. If you're setting up two completely different maps, one for each level, then use the "Copy to clipboard" option instead, because the basic copy commands won't copy the selected items to be pasted in a different file.

JimP