Wyvern
Last Active
Roles
Rank
Mapmaker
Badges

Latest Images

• [WIP] Community Atlas - River Watch - Druid villages

While these are fascinating explorations of different seasonal map depictions, are they really appropriate for a site around 25°N latitude on Nibirum? This puts the locations near the northern limit of the tropics for the planet (equivalent to the Tropic of Cancer on Earth). This would also mean the snowy mountains are a little too prevalent, I suspect.

Sorry if this is a bit late to be useful. I've not been paying as much attention to the Forum here recently as I might, so it's only just dawned on me.

Loopysue[Deleted User]jmabbott
  • Add a Compass Rose

In most symbol sets, the compass rose will be in the Cartouches collection, along with any scale bars or - guess what? - any cartouches or banners for title backgrounds, and so forth, if you need to hunt around for something different.

LoopysueDaishoChikara
  • Live Mapping: Tagkrammer Isometric (December Annual)

Just watched yesterday's live mapping video, and was fascinated by it. I've done almost nothing with Perspectives, so it was very useful to see what can be done using it, especially how to resolve things like the wall and floor outlining where pieces have been added at different times.

Trying to keep everything correct, where you have a stack of multiple Sheets with similar names to order overlapping elements in a map correctly, is certainly rather more familiar, however. I've spent parts of this week doing exactly that on one of my own non-Per3 maps!

Loopysue
  • Banners

Wyvern would be an obvious addition, of course ?

As for what's still legible on a tiny seal, the real-world options suggest there aren't many limitations - e.g. carved ancient Greek and Roman gemstones (sometimes used as signet rings), and especially the tiny carved stone cylinder seals and stamp seals used in ancient Mesopotamia and points adjacent, beginning in the 4th millennium BCE.

Loopysue
  • Question re scale.

If the setting is meant to be ancient Egyptian or thereabouts, medieval Europe may not be the best comparison. Realistically, if the folks you're mapping for are trying to recreate such a setting, they should have done/be doing at least some basic historical/archaeological research first, before attempting any sketch drawings. These are a couple of very basic links that might help if you're having to try to do some of this work yourself:

and:

The second link has a lot of links to other sites which may also be of use.

Good luck!

LoopysuejmabbottDaishoChikara