Wyvern
Last Active
Roles
Rank
Mapmaker
Badges

Latest Images

• WIP- Map for Changeling : The Lost

For the problematic mist, you could try drawing a few small polygons in a suitable colour (grey or white, perhaps) on a Sheet that lies above those already used for showing the background and symbol(s?) for The Realm of NeverBe (so nearer the MAP BORDER Sheet than the COMMON one in the Sheets list), and then apply some Effects to that Sheet, such as Blur and/or Transparency, to get the polygons to fade and blend more like mist. Using different shaped polygons may help with this too.

Fenix
  • Ok, weird question. Someone has asked me to buy one digital copy of one of my maps...

Unfortunately those electronic watermarks can be removed by someone sufficiently knowledgeable. I've chanced upon pirated copies of a few RPG products from the OneBookShelf sites (Wargame Vault, et al.) where they've been taken off; obvious, as the digital products aren't available anywhere else.

mike robelMedio
  • Heraldry Resources for Campaign Cartographer

Might be worth saying that this is a free-to-access resource as well (perhaps add it to the Free Symbols & Artwork topic @Monsen?).

It would be interesting to know how it complements the existing Heraldic Symbols pack from the March 2008 Cartographer's Annual too.

JimP
  • Community Atlas 500th map and 4 year anniversary competition with prizes.

I think the point is a token on a map is usually something that can be moved, because many people will be familiar with their use in online RPGs, for instance. It's not quite the same as one of the monster or character top-down miniatures in some of the DD3 symbol sets, which are complete items, the same as, say, a piece of furniture. The Token Treasury items don't look like they "belong" on a map in the same way. Personally, I think the TT items can look good as mapside or border decorations, by preference, though I could see some might also be usable as floor decoration, probably with a suitable Effect applied.

[Deleted User]
  • Grimdark Fantasy (renamed "Darklands") - development thread

Actually, any colour version can be readily converted to greyscale simply by applying an appropriate RGB Matrix Process Effect to the whole map, so that would be win-win!

LoopysueAleD