Wyvern
Last Active
Roles
Rank
Mapmaker
Badges

Latest Images

• Cowpens Battlefield

I suspect the red British markers in the WW2 text you mentioned Mike, might be because the traditional colour to show possessions of the British Empire (as it still was during WW2) was red. Plus it's been very commonly used in other military history and wargaming texts I've read as well down the years. There may be also an element that during the Napoleonic wars (indeed also in the almost-century before and after), many of the defining British troops wore red uniforms, the French blue, hence somewhere in all this came about the dominating idea of British = red. Probably!

mike robel
  • Several maps for (random forest) encounters

The default sun position in CC3 is from the north west... even though the sun is only ever in that direction for real if you live in the southern hemisphere.

Not quite true, Sue, as from the northern hemisphere in summer, around June-July, the Sun sets in the northwest too. From much of Britain, that's around or indeed north of, true azimuth 315°. ๐Ÿ˜Ž

Loopysuekilma.ard.venom
  • A small village

The Cyrillics will be originally Bulgarian, of course, as it was they who created the script, back in the 9th-10th centuries ๐Ÿ˜Ž.

Puzzled as to why the title isn't also in Cyrillics though (other than to help out most Forum readers here, that is!)?

Loopysue
  • Dhakos, The City of Spires - Watabou Cities Annual

Well this is weird, as I've just dropped-by the Forum here following a lengthy discussion on one of my Discords with someone about the old Chaosium versions of the "Stormbringer" RPG, a few minutes ago!

Not sure if it'll help with your spires query, but I had to draw my own shadows of not dissimilar form for one of my Atlas maps a while back, the Thalassan Castle Ruins. The FCW might give you a further pointer or two, perhaps. Or perhaps not! Good luck, regardless ๐Ÿ˜

JimPLoopysuejmabbott
  • keyboard shortcuts or commands

Not commands as such, though as a fellow "shaker", I've found a small mouse that fits easily under my hand, so the heel of the hand is supported on the mouse mat, and with that arm further supported by a heavily-padded chair arm, helps in things like drawing and clicking on icons for commands. It does get tiring though is the only snag, and can be painful if you have to persist and use increasing pressure on the affected limb joints.

LoopysueJimP