Last Active
Roles
Rank
Mapmaker
Badges

Latest Images

• Issue 199

Yeah, nothing with computers is ever easy, is it, Jim? 😏

@Mike Vermilye - I've just done a very quick test new map with my own reinstallation, and am not seeing the problems you've mentioned. However, I didn't do an uninstall, I just deleted the files and folders that Ralf referred to:

Once I'd done that, I simply installed the replacement Monkey Frog Annual as new.

I'd suggest going through the three places in Ralf's list, removing both any surviving Silverman AND the Monkey Frog versions, and then try a fresh installation of the new Monkey Frog version of the Annual, to see if that resolves things. Failing that, you'd probably be best advised to contact ProFantasy support (through your account page) - unless someone else leaps in here with an alternative. I am NO expert with computers, so that might be your better option now!

JimPLoopysue
  • Does anyone have a Greyhawk underdark CC2 or CC3/CC3+ map ?

I did try some hunting around Jim, but the best I could find were PDFs or straight images only. It might be possible to use an image superimposed over the CC2 map you found to correct that one though?

Loopysue
  • Problems with Annual Overland Hex Map

I highlighted the issue of the symbols in this style not snapping to the grid correctly earlier. As that didn't draw a response, and from this topic, it's clearly an ongoing issue, which presumably hasn't been resolved by an update of the Annual more recently.

The structure symbols changing size could be because you changed the size of the symbols while you were mapping, but when you've reopened the file, it's reset to the default size for the area you're mapping (what you get if you click the "Set normal" button after calling up the "Symbol Parameters" information pane).

The structures will actually go on whichever of the Symbols sheets you currently have selected. If you didn't have any of the Symbols sheets selected when you placed the symbol, it will default to the ordinary "Symbols" sheet.

As Sue and Jim have said though, if you are willing to share the FCW file, that should allow us to confirm if anything else may be happening here.

JimP
  • Starfinder rpg site, with maps

You might be able to use resized pieces of Cosmographer starship gear for the space-stations Jim, if they'll stand resizing sufficiently. At this scale, something that obviously isn't the shape of a planet will probably work!

Also, is it "Disapora"? I don't know Starfinder, but for a scatter of asteroids (which is what this seems to be), "Diaspora" might be more apt.

roflo1JimP
  • [WIP] Continent Map using CC3+ MS Overland and other resources

This looks good.

Not sure about the labels crossing one another though; I'd be inclined to redraft those so they can all be read clearly.

The coastline also seems a bit too harsh and linear currently. Maybe change the land to a smooth-edged polygon, or add some more nodes to the existing coastline, to make it look less jarring - all the other lines flow nicely, after all.

Mythal82