February 5, 1968
Real Name
Kevin
Rank
Mapmaker
Badges

Latest Images

• Abandoned Silo - Spider attack

Very cool -- it's like going from the spiders of Mirkwood to Shelob's lair in Cirith Ungol. Love the use of barren trees.

Ricko Hasche
  • Mars Ultor

Yes, Marine Dungeons was the foundation of this temple, though I ended up importing other fills from all over the place. I picked that style because I loved the Marine Dungeons’ columns. The walls surrounding the fountain and the barbecue pits are also from Marine Dungeons, as is the blue tiles in the fountain and many of the fills. I also imported fills from Creepy Crypts and Forest Trail, among others.

LoopysueJimP
  • FT3+ to CC3+ export with style?

For me, the "Change Like Draw Tool" option under the "Change Properties" button was a game-changer. I describe it a little in this thread.

Basically, I copied the coastline from a Jerion-style export into the new file and then used "Change Like Draw Tool" to change it to the Land tool. I then copied a few of the intermediate contour lines and changed them as well -- you can either change them to your new style's contour tool, or a Solid 10 gray or Solid 10 white if you want it darker or lighter than the existing terrain, or change to the hills fill.

Just be careful about doing too many of the contours, because it will make the files massively large. (Perhaps there's a trick to reducing that that I don't know about, like maybe exploding the contours? I dunno, lots more for me to learn.)

LoopysueJackTheMapper
  • Heraldry Resources for Campaign Cartographer

I am late to the game here but I just stumbled across this and it is fantastic. I have tried various types of heraldry software before and could never quite get it to do what I want: on a red background, a gold dragon facing a silver dragon with a sword between them. This software was able to render it and given me the blazon syntax for it: gules in dexter flank a dragon rampant reversed or in sinister flank a dragon rampant argent in fess point a rapier inverted iron.

But in addition, one of the things I have wanted to figure out in Photoshop or something (which I don't even have) would be how to then make it look like it was on carpeting. This can render it to look like it was in fabric, and if I choose the flag setting and change it to 5, it's a long carpet, which I've wanted for a throne room.

Awesome!

JimP
  • Modern Maps for Marvel Game

If this is Hell’s Kitchen in Manhattan, it’s quite gentrified now. That said, knowing how to “dirty up” a modern map would come in handy.

JimP