February 5, 1968
Real Name
Kevin
Rank
Mapmaker
Badges

Latest Images

• [WIP] Per-Nezahd

Yup, I think it's a town, not a village. But that's okay, I have a home for it (looking at the parent map, it probably should be a town, not a village). But that's okay, it got me thinking and gave me ideas for a smaller village in the same style to design. (Also a little too symmetrical, but I guess it makes sense that everything would radiate out from the only water source for miles around.)

MonsenRicko HascheQuentenLoopysueDaltonSpenceMaidhc O Casain
  • [WIP] Community Atlas - Gold Coast, Doriant

Oh, here's a version of Enia with the political borders shown:

MonsenQuentenLoopysueRicko HascheMaidhc O CasainGlitch
  • [WIP] Community Atlas - Gold Coast, Doriant

Remy said two things about the 1000th map contest that I have taken to heart:

1. We can submit more than one map, but will only be able to win one prize; and
    2. We can make our own local map anywhere in the world to create a place for a village we want to design (but only the village map is eligible for the contest).

With that in mind, I have been working on this Gold Coast map as well as an area map for the Kingdom of Enia, an elvish kingdom on the northern side of the coast. I have two villages in Enia that I will submit. If this works best for you, @Monsen, I will create a thread for all of the non-contest Atlas submissions once they're finalized, and then the actual villages for the competition will be posted in the competition thread when they're ready to submit.

Gold Coast

Here is the Gold Coast region, first without and then with political borders (which can be toggled). I am writing up the description now.

Without Political Borders

With Political Borders

Thoughts?

And then here's a map of the Kingdom of Enia, with more smaller hamlets and other small details added, this time in the Mike Schley style:

MonsenQuentenLoopysueRicko HascheGlitchWyvern
  • [WIP] Northern Powys (Sarah Wroot Revisited)

Playing around with the newest Sarah Wroot Revisited annual. This is the northern part of the Kingdom of Powys from my campaign world. The coastline was brought in from a Fractal Terrains export, but then the rest was done by eye/memory rather than trying to get the contours exactly right. It's like an impressionist painter's rough representation of the kingdom.

LoopysueJulianDracosQuentenRicko HascheRalf
  • [WIP] Community Atlas Competition - Artemisia - Verinress Arl - Fon'Anar

I just noticed that although I posted my completed map in the competition thread, I didn't post an image of it here. Doing that now, just so this thread shows the full process.

I have wanted to use Mike Schley's elven treehouse symbols ever since I started mapping with CC3+, so I am delighted to finally have had the opportunity. (My friend keeps calling this map -- especially because of the elevated pathways -- my Ewok Village.)

LoopysueQuentenroflo1