Birthday
November 29, 1950
Real Name
Quenten Walker
Rank
Mapmaker
Badges

Latest Images

• Community Atlas - Forlorn Archipelago - The Bleakness - Dungeon of the Dragon

Or else, resize the scale bar AFTER you resize everything. And I use Remy's SCALEDRAWING command (not official CC3+ command, unfortunately - it has always worked brilliantly for me, and takes care of bitmap scaling as well.

Here is the bit he wrote about it in his dissertation on scaling. (SCALE MATTERS, May 2018)

The Automatic Option

Because rescaling a map is actually a lot of steps, especially if you need effects and fill rescaling too, I’ve created a CC3+-addon to do all of this automatically, you only need to determine the scale factor.

To use it, download the file from this address, and put the .dll file from the .zip inside your CC3+ installation directory (C:\Program Files (x86)\ProFantasy\CC3Plus by default).

You’ll also need to have the Visual C++ 2017 runtime installed on your computer. You may already have this, but if you don’t, you’ll get an error message when starting CC3+ with this .dll in it’s directory. Download from the official Microsoft download site, you’ll need the 32-bit version (vc_redist.x86.exe)

After installing the .dll and the Visual C++ runtimes (if required), you can run the command by typing SCALEDRAWING on your command line. The command line will then ask for the scale factor, which you can provide either as the number, or the calculation as with the non-visual scale command. Once you hit enter after providing the scale factor, the command will take care of the rest. Note that it doesn’t update the display when done, so simply hit the Zoom Extents button after running the command. The map should look visually identical to what it did before, as this command handles the scaling of entities, effects and fills automatically, only way to see that the command did anything is to measure distances again after running this command (and AFTER hitting Zoom Extents). Because it doesn’t do any screen updates, it should also be lightning fast, but remember, you won’t see the result until you hit Zoom Extents. If you hit Redraw instead, you can easier see the result of the scale operation, because this leave your current zoom intact.

Profantasy's Map-Making Journal » Blog Archive » Scale Matters

GlitchJimP
  • A1 Inn and Stable Battlemap

Only criticis is that the stalls for the horses are both too narrow and not long enough. There has to be room for the horses to move around a bit. I have made that mistake myself!

JimPRicko Hasche
  • Watabaou Help

It is a Watabou issue with the svg export. He must be using a different app, or else he is using just lines and not polygons. I don't know if the wizards Ralf or Momsen can help

malvernasAleD
  • Just verifying two blank spaces in icon menu are for future expansion

So there should be just 1 space left, as per my version.

ScottA
  • Community Atlas - NE Arum Nur Highlands

I have decided to test out the new styles making maps for the Community Atlas - my own world is based on my own style and Mike Schley, so by doing this, I can have fun with the new styles, and contribute to the Atlas - regions mainly.

So here is NE Arum Nur Highlands - very much the beginning stages, using the latest style - E Prybylski Overland 2

RalfJimPLoopysueMonsenRicko HascheMythal82GlitchGeorgeadelia hernandezLauti