November 29, 1950
Real Name
Quenten Walker
Rank
Mapmaker
Badges

Latest Images

• Community Atlas - NE Arum Nur Highlands

What do you mean - all the labels are there?

JimP
  • Community Atlas - NE Arum Nur Highlands

Finished, I think. Comments please.

LoopysueMonsenRicko Hascheroflo1Ralf
  • Live Mapping: New City Style Part 3

@Ralf You wanted feedback on whether to continue. I think everyone, but particularly those of us liking to map cities, would benefit greatly if you continued this series till the whole city is mapped. Always there are new wrinkles in your tutorials, and this will be no different - I had no idea that you could move the house corners as drawn by the house tool as you showed.

JimPScottAroflo1
  • Watabaou Help

The manual for the Watabou City states the need for a SVG to DXF converter.

"Converting SVG to DXF Format.

We now need to convert the SVG format into a vector graphics format that CC3+ can read, for example DXF format (Autodesk’s open interchange format for CAD drawings). Fortunately there are a number of free online converters available for this purpose. I am using CloudConvert, a simple, quick and easy web tool. Simply upload the SVG file you just saved, click “Start Conversion”, then download the resulting DXF file."

JimP
  • Watabaou Help

We need a SVG to DXF converter Jim. The one Ralf suggested only gives separate lines, not polygons anymore; and I have tried two others with no luck.

What I have been doing is export the cities with thin lines only, and definitely no trees. The area by area, picking the outlines of houses, and using Line to Path, and Path to Polygon. It mostly works. You have to get rid of a lot of lines used to delineate areas though. I might do a follow-up tutorial on it. But if Ralf or Monsen can come up with something easier, that would be great.

JimP