November 29, 1950
Real Name
Quenten Walker
Rank
Mapmaker
Badges

Latest Images

• Watabou City REVISED (annual 157)

The first most important thing is to just export as a SVG the actual elements you want and cut out all the pretty stuff. It is, after all, the street and building layout that we really want.

So ... in the generator, first check colour - make this either B&W, or Ink in the Presets.

Next, click on Style in the generator, and make sure you check or uncheck the following. Whatever I don't mention, you can choose as you wish.

1. GRAPHICS: Check thin lines, leave the rest unchecked.
    2. ELEMENTS: Districts Hidden. Check scalebar only (if you want it, leave the rest unchecked
    3. BUILDINGS: Roofs plain, leave Raised unchecked. Otherwise, choose what you want.
    4. OUTLINE: Check buildings, and UNCHECK water and roads. They will seem to disappear, but will be present in the SVG and thus DXF
    5. MISC: Check Solids; Uncheck Show alleys and Show trees.
    6. FARMS: Choose plain. Though you can exclude farms if you like and use drawing tools provided to put them where you want. However, the drawing tools will work on the farms if exported as Plain.
    7. For those interested, you can get the number of buildings and suggested population if you click on SETTLEMENTS. However, I think the population does not take into account density of population, nor multistorey buildings, so the population levels for larger cities can easily be double the suggested number in the generator.

As you can see from the example map, I have done all that.

Now export as SVG (and Png if you want).

Royal ScribeCalibre
  • What I've been working on

I personally would lighten it - use adjust hue effect. That way you can lighten it by degrees till you have what YOU like.

Calibre

Some more drawtools. All work with the change drawtools command as well, on appropriate lines or polygons.

Not sure why the fence didn't show so well on the jpg, when it did on the fcw. It may need work

MonsenRoyal ScribeLoopysueCalibrethehawkjmabbottRaiko

I have used the line style made by Ralf in that video, and am happier with the towers and walls now. Though because the walls are still a line, the crens are still not totally perfect. Not sure how I can turn a 10' wide line into a 10' wide polygon, using a drawing tool.

Not sure why the round tower on the gatehouse at the top didn't show the same as the round tower below - it did in the FCW, but somehow, not in the jpg.

Royal ScribejmabbottScottARaiko

Here are some of the Drawing tools I am working on for a new version of Watabou Cities.

Please comment.

And if any of you have better ways to do crenalations with a drawing tool or macro, please let me know.

CalibreLoreleiScottARaiko