November 29, 1950
Real Name
Quenten Walker
Rank
Mapmaker
Badges

Latest Images

• Community Atlas - Irisian City States - Tiresia City State

I have decided to map all the islands in the irisian City map style while I am waiting to get my new computer back from the repairers under warranty. Since I have to send it to the manufacturers - overseas - it will only take 6 weeks - outrageous!!

Anyway, here is the first - the biggest of the remaining islands, Tiresia City State, which has hegemony over the whole island. It is mainly agricultural and fishing, and is the least wealthy of the City States. It is also the closest to the hostile Kingdom of Helmonte.

I am using the same style as I did for Helmonte - Herwin Wielink, not my favourite style by a long shot.

This is the beginning of the map - interesting features to be added later.

Royal ScribeBwenGunLoopysueRicko HascheRalfMonsenJuanpiGlitch
  • Hardin Region (Myirandios) - Isle of Kalihirin, and Isle of adventure for low level characters.

Update on the village.

LoopysueRoyal ScribeRalfJuanpi
  • Hardin Region (Myirandios) - Isle of Kalihirin, and Isle of adventure for low level characters.

Here is a setting for a series of low level adventures to get a beginner D&D party on its way to fame and glory ... or grisly death.

Kalihirin Island (nowhere near complete, of course). Of course, adventure sites etc are yet to be added.

Detkhiv, the main settlement with a population of over 600.

I have made use of the draft version of the Watabou revised city annual to come later this year.

Ricko HascheRoyal ScribeLoopysueJuanpi
  • Map of Narnia

Have you got this map by Pauline Baynes?

Don Anderson Jr.
  • Watabou City REVISED (annual 157)

I have now converted all the IMPORT into the appropriate sheets using the Change Like Draw Tool Command only.

Remember to set the correct Sheet and Layer for each Change like Draw Tool command.

eg Rivers and Seas (Lakes): Sheet WATER/RIVERS, Layer Water/Rivers

Roads and Squares: Sheet ROADS or ROADS PAVED, Layer Roads. Note that Square Paved cannot be used in Change Like Draw Tools since it has a macro attached. I may change this later if I can find a paving that doesn't need alignment.

Parks: Sheet PARKS, Layer Vegetation.

Docks: Sheet DOCKS, Layer Docks

Walls: Sheet WALLS, Layer Walls (Note: I have done away with the City Wall Layer). I am still not happy with the crens for the walls - now they hardly show. I will fix that.

Towers: Sheet TOWERS, Layer Walls. No longer need to draw these without the Change Like Draw Tools command. And it means no guessing as to the size required.

Bridges: Sheet BRIDGES, Layer Bridges

Fields: Sheet FIELDS, Layer Vegetation. The furrows align to how the generator drew the fields. So often, not a very intuitive direction. However, if you want to use the tool directly to draw fields, the tool does align the furrows (which are Hatch symbols) correctly. In the picture below, I have done this with the bottom right hand field.

Buildings: Sheet SYMBOLS BUILDINGS, Layer Buildings, or any of the Building layers you wish to use, eg Bldng (House 1)

I generally advise doing the Buildings last, as you can then Hide all sheets except Import and Symbols Buildings (with the latter being the selected one). This will then show only the buildings you need to convert.

I have also added buildings on top of the Palace, and smaller towers on the towers around the Palace.

Comments and suggestions really welcome.

Royal ScribeMonsenCalibre