November 29, 1950
Real Name
Quenten Walker
Rank
Mapmaker
Badges

Latest Images

• Watabou City REVISED (annual 157)

I have now converted all the IMPORT into the appropriate sheets using the Change Like Draw Tool Command only.

Remember to set the correct Sheet and Layer for each Change like Draw Tool command.

eg Rivers and Seas (Lakes): Sheet WATER/RIVERS, Layer Water/Rivers

Roads and Squares: Sheet ROADS or ROADS PAVED, Layer Roads. Note that Square Paved cannot be used in Change Like Draw Tools since it has a macro attached. I may change this later if I can find a paving that doesn't need alignment.

Parks: Sheet PARKS, Layer Vegetation.

Docks: Sheet DOCKS, Layer Docks

Walls: Sheet WALLS, Layer Walls (Note: I have done away with the City Wall Layer). I am still not happy with the crens for the walls - now they hardly show. I will fix that.

Towers: Sheet TOWERS, Layer Walls. No longer need to draw these without the Change Like Draw Tools command. And it means no guessing as to the size required.

Bridges: Sheet BRIDGES, Layer Bridges

Fields: Sheet FIELDS, Layer Vegetation. The furrows align to how the generator drew the fields. So often, not a very intuitive direction. However, if you want to use the tool directly to draw fields, the tool does align the furrows (which are Hatch symbols) correctly. In the picture below, I have done this with the bottom right hand field.

Buildings: Sheet SYMBOLS BUILDINGS, Layer Buildings, or any of the Building layers you wish to use, eg Bldng (House 1)

I generally advise doing the Buildings last, as you can then Hide all sheets except Import and Symbols Buildings (with the latter being the selected one). This will then show only the buildings you need to convert.

I have also added buildings on top of the Palace, and smaller towers on the towers around the Palace.

Comments and suggestions really welcome.

Royal ScribeMonsenCalibre

The example map I will be using for the upcoming revision annual for this style will be based on this city, which I have been asked to do.

I will aim to use all the drawing tools.

I will also go step by step through the process, so you can all comment (and correct) as I go.

And for fun, here is a picture from the JSON export, to show a 3D version. Who knows, perhaps one day, we can work out a method to export the 3D versions to CC3+!!!

Royal ScribeCalibreDon Anderson Jr.Raiko

Here is a revised version of the Drawtools. so far, they all work with the Change Like Draw Tool command, including the towers and fields, which was not the case in the original watabou annual.

A bit more work needed on the effects to get it all to my satisfaction, but I think the drawing tools are now ready to go.

I guess the next step is to do an example map.

I need to work out how to revise the scaling of the Hatch files, and how to make sure they are imported into the style, so people can access them if they need to alter the dimensions etc

Royal ScribeCalibreroflo1Raiko

Some more drawtools. All work with the change drawtools command as well, on appropriate lines or polygons.

Not sure why the fence didn't show so well on the jpg, when it did on the fcw. It may need work

MonsenRoyal ScribeLoopysueCalibrethehawkjmabbottRaiko

I have used the line style made by Ralf in that video, and am happier with the towers and walls now. Though because the walls are still a line, the crens are still not totally perfect. Not sure how I can turn a 10' wide line into a 10' wide polygon, using a drawing tool.

Not sure why the round tower on the gatehouse at the top didn't show the same as the round tower below - it did in the FCW, but somehow, not in the jpg.

Royal ScribejmabbottScottARaiko