November 29, 1950
Real Name
Quenten Walker
Rank
Mapmaker
Badges

Latest Images

• The Cartographer's Vault Humble Bundle

Annual No 12. (134/12 = 11 with 2 left over, ie 2nd issue of Annual 12).

JimPkwalsh43
  • Sinister Sewers - Style Development Thread (CA207)

Don't forget the advanced plumbing of the Minoans - they had flushing toilets, not reinvented till the 19th century. Don't know about their sewer system, but it would have been fairly advanced I think.

Loopysue
  • Forest depictions for large overland map.

Here are seven different depictions of forest that I would like your opinions on as to which is best. It is for a commission I have, and also will be used in my own Ukadarlia project.

If you have other thoughts, that is also welcome, but i really want to know which one you like best, and also the one you like least, even if you don't like any of them.

Each has dense forest in the centre, and woodland at the periphery.

JimP
  • MY MUNDI IS READY!

You can use symbols in area - which i use a lot - you just have to fiddle with the parameters. one thing I have noted is to make sure the default symbol size is appropriate for the map - and it often is not what is set, so you may have to alter that. Furthermore, you can pick from a variety of trees - and even make your own symbol catalogue by renaming some symbols (clone them first) so they have the same name with ascending numbers.

And it is very quick and easy once you get the settings right.

Ricko HascheOctorilla
  • Ukadarlia

I may have made their heads a bit big for the bodies - i had to scale them different X and Y axis to get a more rounded face, rather than oval as is standard CA

All fixed to my satisfaction - except the scale of the man is a bit smaller than the woman - not so on the maps which will feature them, however.

JimPGlitch