November 29, 1950
Real Name
Quenten Walker
Rank
Mapmaker
Badges

Latest Images

• Making outlines thicker?

What i do is add the outline like you do, then press change properties, then P for prior, and make the outline whatever colour, sheet, line thickness, line style i want. Also important to press solid in the change properties dialogue if you change the thickness from 0 to anything else

Loopysue
  • Reinstalling - query re Symbol Set 3 modern & Cosmographer Pro

Sue, your lineup is missing Perspective, and Token Treasury 2

Loopysue
  • [WIP] City of Wolfwell Falls (CA211 Watabou City Revisited)

It only works on polygons, not lines, and I think Royal Scribe has used the line tool, not the polygon ones.

Royal Scribe
  • Problem with combining path

First I had to cut the two areas to delete the lines joining them - which was a bit tricky. Then, I have used SIMPLIFY, with unit of 1, successfully combined the two, then fractalized with depth 40, number of times 1. The main mass is in red.

I suggest you use Glow, outside, colour 66 with appropriate blur size, and strength as 100 to give the coastline effect, rather than a separate coastline sheet. This cuts out the problem of nodes too close together.

I hope this helps.

Royal Scribe
  • Problem with combining path

The problem nearly certainly is far too many nodes in the big continent. Either reduce the nodes, or accept that your main continent landmass will be in 2 halves - it will still look the same as if it were one. I had the same trouble with my Myirandios world many years ago.

BTW, the best command to use to reduce nodes without totally destroying the look of your coastline is SIMPLIFY.

Royal Scribe