December 4, 1969
Real Name
Will Mason
Rank
Traveler
Badges

Latest Images

• Regional and Battle Jungle Maps

These two geographical maps were created as an "Indiana Jones-esque" low-level adventure. They combine symbols from both Schley and Jonathan Roberts and Weilink.

Makanta Region

These two battle maps are 125x125 feet. I had some problems with lining up the rooms and with the water, which I'm still trying to get right.

Temple of Isxiltahar, Level 1

Level 2

I welcome any and all comments and advice.

Glad to be a part of this community.

JimPCalibreLoreleiMonsenLoopysue[Deleted User]LillhansWyvernRalfElflingand 8 others.
  • Community Atlas 500th map and 4 year anniversary competition with prizes.

@Monsen , do I enter the maps here? Here they are. I used your tools to check for anomalies and haven't found any. I'm still happy to make any corrections or changes any time. Thank you for the opportunity! This was fun. I hope I did it correctly.

I stuck with Weilink for the style with the exception of the clouds, which are CSUAC or Dundjinni (I believe).

Regional area of Togu-Hua in Puia hanahana:

In the shadow of Mount Noa-Kai, on a dry hillside amidst the decaying trees and moss, lie the Caverns of Toga-Hua. Offshoots of the Ixiltahan River stream underground to bring life to these caverns. Someone has been here. Some humanoid may have camped out just inside the entrance. Who else or what else has made their home here?

Togu-Hua Level 1

As the last whispers of sunlight disappear, the party notices a drastic drop in temperature. Full of traps and unusual structures, idols and coffins, these are the corrupted tombs. Water still fills a room and the first traces of lava from the nearby volcano can be seen as well. Whom are the coffins for? What spirits still linger here? Will any be joining the party?

Toga Hua Level 2:

As you climb (or fall) down the shaft in the southwest corner, you feel the air drastically heat up. You see more and more lava as you go further down the dungeon. An evil cult worships here. Where are they? When will they be returning?

Togu Hua Level 3:

Monsen[Deleted User]LoopysueWyvernLoreleiTheschabiLillhansLizzy_MaracujaAleDWeathermanSwedenand 1 other.
  • Darklands Rising

I've had such a wonderful time creating maps with the Darklands sets. In the past, I've been gravitating to Schley, but I wanted something that was a bit more natural. Having the sheets already prepared in Darklands made it so very helpful. Thank you to those of you who made that possible. The following maps are in the order that they were created.

Occasionally I decided to pull a few symbols from other sets to make them stand out, but almost everything is Darklands in these.

Finally, I was asked to create a map for an aquatic elf town on an island. I wanted to give it a feel of the Bahamas meets the Forest. So I created a symbol set that combined two: Darklands and Marine Dungeon. I fell in love with Marine Dungeon and found that it could be used just as well for a city map with some modifications. Again, when it came to the buildings, I pulled some symbols from other sets.

Marine Dungeon and Darklands are absolutely amazing!

LoopysueRoyal ScribeC.C. CharronMonsenRicko HascheseycyrusjmabbottMapjunkieBwenGunRalfand 1 other.
  • [WIP] - Community Atlas Fire and Ice Entry - Caverns Togu-Hua in Puia Hanahana

Ooookay. This is the start. It's a 25x25 mile little square in Puia Hanahana. From there we find a cavern known to the locals as Togu-Hua. This will be a 3 level dungeon that begins simply enough: a cavern on a hillside. As the party explores, they quickly find that there is more to this cavern than the usual goblins and critters. With an underground stream feeding in from the nearby river, there lies a water source within, to which more fauna and creatures are drawn.

This is the beginning of the regional map. I wanted to keep it simple, but I think I need a name for the volcano and the river. Any ideas?

I stuck with Weilink for the style with the exception of the clouds, which are CSUAC or Dundjinni (I believe).

I'm trying hard to put a frame around it, but the bevel and blend keep messing up.

This is level 2 of the Dungeon. Level one is just getting started. As the last whispers of sunlight disappear, the party notices a drastic drop in temperature. Full of traps and unusual structures, idols and coffins, these are the corrupted tombs. Water still fills a room and the first traces of lava from the nearby volcano can be seen as well. Whom are the coffins for? What spirits still linger here? Will any be joining the party?

This is Level 3 of the dungeon. From there I will work my way up to Level 1 (to be finished later). You see more and more lava as you go further down the dungeon. An evil cult worships here. Where are they? When will they be coming back?

I will be posting the fcw's here. I would really like it, if anyone has time, to make sure that those are OK. I don't want to have any symbols or text fonts that shouldn't be there.

As always, any and all suggestions and critiques are welcome. This IS a work in progress. Still have one level to go (the top).

LillhansLoopysueMonsenLoreleiWyvernMaidhc O CasainjmabbottRicko Hasche
  • Community Atlas 500th Map Voting Thread - Please vote

Love these and all the work that went into them. Superb! Hot and cool creativity. What a variety of styles.

JimPAleDAutumn Getty

OK, after much discussion with myself, I have decided not to add this one to the Community Atlas (although I'd love to). My brother created an entire world from scratch called Sycharia, and I have been creating the maps for it. Out of respect for his creation, I don't want to pull from his to make it something different somewhere else. HOWEVER, I will be doing a new volcanic/water dungeon for the contest and community atlas. It's always nice to do something new. Thanks to everyone for the time and critiques!

MattyEH
  • Castle Crimson and Reveler's Way

Very nice! I love your borders as well.
    Daniel Pereda De Pablo
  • Community Atlas 500th map and 4 year anniversary competition with prizes.

This will be the area in Puia hanahana that I will be using. It is a 25x25 mile area and from there will be a regional map leading to a cave entrance and probably 3 level dungeon with water on the top levels leading to lava on the third level. Interesting!

Monsen

• Community Atlas 500th Map Competition Results

Wow! Beautiful job. Congratulations to the winners and everyone who offered such incredible maps. It was nice seeing how they progressed and changed until the final results. I've learned a lot by seeing all the different styles. Thanks for hosting this fun contest.

JimP