Last Active
Roles
Rank
Mapmaker
Badges

Latest Images

• Troy Map for Game

Thanks, everybody.

It's post-apocalyptic Earth set in the US. GM is using 5E rules for it. Basically, the Solar System has entered a region of space where the laws of physics have changed so that magick works, supernatural creatures exist and so on. Fun, so far heh heh.

thanks

Cal

JimPRaiko
  • Live Mapping: Houses and Streets

Fairly complex on some of the 'hidden features' of CD.

Ralf: This will seem rather arcane to you....if you haven't read the CD manual..."

Me: ROFL! Busted...

๐Ÿ˜‚

Really, so much you can do with all this. If you just brainstorm...if only I could do <blah>!?

Chances are, CD and CC3+ can.

Cal

LoopysueJimP
  • What games do you use ProFantasy to create maps for?

AD&D various editions, RoleMaster various, and GURPS.

๐Ÿ˜

Cal

seycyrusEukalyptusNow
  • Trying to salvage a very old map....

Okie dokie

Just keep in mind that it's not finished heh.

Geoff

Royal Scribe
  • How long have you been using Campaign Cartographer?

I honestly can't remember! I know it's been a few years, but I can't pinpoint it in my mind. Unfortunately, I can't even remember how I stumbled on CC3+. I think it was when I watched a Sweeny vid and I knew I had to have it. Just an awesome program.

I've had extensive training in Graphic Arts and Advertising design using Illustrator, Photoshop and so on, so it wasn't as difficult for me to learn CC3+ as it may have been for others; but, I still have a great deal to learn. There are, of course, aspects of CC3+ that I find 'missing' from my Illustrator/Photoshop days, but despite my OCD, I've learned to deal with all that heh heh.

All-in-all, just love it.

Cal

Don Anderson Jr.EukalyptusNow
  • WIP: Local Map Ice Caves Exterior

The scale follows the tome: width/1000 and is automatically set. For Local Maps (which I am calling Area Maps) it says new map width/old map width. There is no old map ?

This is the first problem. The scale of 0.05 (auto set by CC3+ but also equals Remy's formula) is perfect for trees, ridiculous for mountains. Besides, I need to see the entirely of the terrain and placing mountain symbols would obscure too much of the area. So, I am going to have to draw the contour lines. This, then, is my question. How best to do this?

Things I've tried:

1: Draw out each contour area as polygons and each with it's own color.

2: Draw out each contour area as polygons and all of the same color.

3: Draw paths and try to edit the widths of the paths.

Each of the attempts was kinda meh.

What do you guys think?

thanks

Cal

PS: Oh, almost forgot. I saw on the forums a mapper draw and print out a huge map with contours used for military strategy game, I believe. I can't find it and in any case, I don't recall him explaining how he did it heh.

seycyrusOctorilla
  • My first completed map utilizing CC3+

You're welcome indeed. Don't forget to check out Ralf and Remy's videos on YouTube as well heh.

Cal

OwlishlyTaboo
  • Map using Sarah Wroot Style

Now, this map is making me want to revise my opinion of that style. Excellent!

Geoff

JimPC.C. Charron
  • WIP: The Citadel

Take a look, Wyvern:

The drop shadow is displaced by 45x 55y. It does cross the ramparts of the tower, but not the tower top! Grrrrr.

Also, LOL, the flags on the ends of the sail heads makes it seem as if it's torn into the tower roof ๐Ÿ˜. I suspect the captain will face charges of Drunk on Duty...or, at least the Pilot will heh.

Cal

AleD
  • Trying to salvage a very old map....

Umm, should I explain how I did this, you think, Ms. Sue or anyone?

I'm not sure it would be helpful or redundant ๐Ÿ˜

I've often wondered if anyone would like to know how I do my maps. Only Dak has expressed a brief interest and I got that post late so felt it would be pompous to answer well after the fact heh heh.

So, I'll just put this out there: if you want the FCWs of any of my maps, I'd be happy to oblige. Or, any explanations, etc.

thanks

Geoff

seycyrus