Birthday
February 5, 1968
Real Name
Kevin
Rank
Mapmaker
Badges

Latest Images

• [WIP] 1972 Travelogue (CA93 Modern Journeys)

I had to look up Delta Green. No, not to my knowledge...but would they have told me if they were? ;-) They were hippies and back-to-the-landers. (A few years after this vacation, they bought 40 acres of undeveloped land covered in redwoods, and we lived there without electricity for eight years.)

roflo1
  • Interactive Map: The Duchies of Earlsdale

I can see the "Explore Realm" page, but when click on a location and go to the description, the error comes when I click on the "Map" link in the footer of the pop-up. I tried it yesterday in Chrome, and then again today in MS Edge. (I just noticed that the Map link is in a different color -- maybe the page it links to hasn't been built yet?) Here are screencaps from the attempt in MS Edge:

Grimur
  • Interactive Map: The Duchies of Earlsdale

Looks great! Also, I see now that the Map link was part of footer navigation for the site, and not a link to a local map for that entry. (That would require a ton of maps!) The maps you have in the gallery on the site are gorgeous. And the thought and effort behind pulling together your site is very impressive.

Grimur
  • CA212 Terrains with Symbols not working

Hmmm. It worked for me. I had to delete the lines that were drawn and redraw my forests, but reinstalling a new download allowed me to then draw forests without the lines. We’ll have to see if staff has any advice. Good luck.

Theschabi
  • [WIP] Community Atlas, 1,000 Maps Contest: Villages in The Whispering Wastes of Haddmark, Peredur

Just wait to you get to my city of San Francisco. I’ve read that we have more liquor licenses per capita than any city in the U.S. Last time I counted, my neighborhood alone had 17 bars in a four-block radius! I will have to find out what our number of residents per bar works out to be.

Wyvern
  • [WIP] Community Atlas, 1,000 Maps Contest: Villages in The Whispering Wastes of Haddmark, Peredur

if they serve as meeting place for the populace in the evenings, even 3 places isn't necessarily that extravagant for a population of say 300

That's a good point. With my villages, I've tried to keep in mind how and where the locals would socialize. Taverns and inns are also good places to catch a performance of a wandering bard or troubadour, or a troupe of actors.

Also, a small village might still get a lot of travelers passing through if it's on an important trade route, or along a route for a pilgrimage to a holy shrine. Or the last stop for adventurers trying their luck searching for treasure in the ruins of an ancient temple (or their first stop on the way home). My village has a winery, and I figured that merchants buying wine at the winery to resell in other towns and cities would want a place to spend the night before heading back with with their casks of wine.

Wyvern
  • The map of GnoccoCON '24, a local gaming event

This is great! I love the idea of using CC3 for non-battlemap purposes. Street fairs, for example, could use it to show which streets are closed off, where vendor and food booths are located, and the location of performance stages.

il mietitore
  • Style Suggestions for Annuals

Looka like we posted threads concurrently! Your Mesoamerican overland and dungeon requests would work well with my Jungle Adventurers suggestion. I would love Greco-Roman stuff. And I’ve been musing on designing a haunted house for Halloween, so your 1920s Horror House idea works wirh that. I love all of your suggestions but those were the ones I wanted to second.

JulianDracos
  • [WIP] Community Atlas - Eknapata Desert

Thank you! Here's how it looks with the effects changes. And I've standardized the font sizes to three: 10 points for country names, 5 points for the three major cities, and 3.5 pts for everything else.

Loopysue
  • Chotlan - Meso American little town

Love the use of magic on the temple and the flames at the arena

Ricko Hasche