Birthday
November 29, 1950
Real Name
Quenten Walker
Rank
Mapmaker
Badges

Latest Images

• World of Tatilana - Free Towns of Chervonyahuar (Red Jaguar)

Here is a regional map of Western Sergeevna. It is the free towns of Chervonyahuar (Ukrainian for Red Jaguar). It is a tropical region.

Not yet complete. Larger version in gallery

MonsenMythal82JimPLoopysueMaidhc O CasainGeorge
  • Ukadarlia

Here is the continent of Ukadarlia, stretching for subarctic to tropical zones. Also, for comparison, the size of Australia, and Ukraine.

Climate:

Altitude:

Ethnic:

And with Australia overlaid so you get an idea of the size:

MonsenRicko HascheLoopysueJimPwhit2468AleDEukalyptusNow
  • Watabou City REVISED (annual 157)

Then open Watabou city annual style. Pick the dimensions you want - get this from the scale in the generator.

Then inset the dxf file.Scale it as non visual by factor of 2.5 (not 400 - it no longer appears as a dot!). Use 0,0 as the point to scale from.

Next step - convert all from lines to paths (right click the Explode button). DO NOT FORGET THIS

Now we need to move all elements apart from the buildings to their relevant sheets and layers. I do it in this order, but it doesn't really matter which so long as you remove all elements apart from the buildings to their relevant sheets/layers.

1. Water: Turn Seas into closed polygon, move to sheet WATER/RIVERS, layer Water/Rivers. Use whatever fill you like. Turn River into a path of fixed width, fill whatever you like (or a actual smooth polygon, giving difereing widths along the course of the river, making it perhaps more natural, and perhaps allowing for some river islands). I do not use Change like Draw Tools for this - I got weird results (someone might like to check this out).
    2. Roads: Again, I turn the roads into a path of fixed width, fill pattern what I like. Again, I got weird results using the Change like Draw tools. This isn't too problematic, since there are only ever 2-6 roads. Put them on the sheet ROADS layer Roads. I actually add a ROADS PAVED sheet, with no Edge Fade effect because sometimes i want a stone road to be 'neat' at the edges.
    3. Walls: I do use Change Like Draw Tools for this - it works well. Make sure you select Sheet WALLS, and layer City Walls before doing this, though.
    4. Towers: I do these each separately (I actually hide all but the IMPORT, WALLS and TOWER and TOWER TOP sheets, just to make it easier). I do use the Draw Tools, (NOT Change like Draw Tools), but it is sometimes a bit trial and error to get the right dimensions. First, work on the Round towers: Once I have 1 tower right, I then copy that to all the other round towers, to keep the dimensions consistent (unless I deliberately want to make some bigger and even taller). Nest the square towers- usually the gate. I draw 2 towers with the distance apart from them being the width of the road, then add a WALL between them, narrower than the City Walls, to act as both a gate AND a maker to align them correctly to the walls. Again, I use the copy command to keep things consistent.
    5. Bridges. I make these either as a separate entity on a new BRIDGE sheet (in the map below I have used a BRIDGE sheet with a shadow effect, and a BRIDGE TOP sheet for railings, with an outer glow effect).
    6. Docks: I add a DOCKS Sheet, with Shadow effect, and outer glow (or just a black outline as in the map below).
    7. Greens: I add a sheet called PARKS, and transfer all greens to that sheet, Layer vegetation. Fill as desired.
    8. Fields: I transfer all furrows to the FIELDS FURROWS sheet, unless I decide to use a field fill that has furrows you can align as you wish. otherwise, follow the procedure as per the annual 157.
    9. Buildings: Hide all Sheets except IMPORT. Choose layer Buildings. Right click Explode button and change everything from Paths to Polys. Now change the fill to the desired fill - Watabou annual uses the Brown stone dark fill. Next add an outline to all the buildings, the press P for previous and move all the outlines to CITY BLOCK OUTLINE Sheet. I actually rename City Block to BUILDINGS, and City Block Outlines to BUILDINGS OUTLINES, and add a sheet BUILDINGS HIGH (which I transfer the large buildings to - remember to hide the outlines before you do this though!). The renaming isn't necessary, but since I like to have a different sheet for different size buildings, I prefer the name Buildings - my OCD showing! Of course, I add a Wall direction shadow to the BUILDINGS HIGH Sheet, with higher value than for the hoi polloi buildings. I find doing it this way, and NOT using the Change Like Draw Tool tool actually produces a cleaner result. But I am interested in what you people think.
    10. I actually change the sheet effects for the CITY BLOCK and CITY BLOCK OUTLINE as follows: The CITY BLOCK (or BUILDINGS) sheet had only the Wall shadow directional effect - delete the Glow effects, but copy the Outside Glow effect to the CITY BLOCK OUTLINE (or BUILDING OUTLINE) sheet instead.

Now I have got the following - easy to add all the other bits to the map now.

To the template for this revised annual, I would add the following sheets: PARKS, BRIDGE, BRIDGE TOP, DOCKS, BUILDINGS HIGH; and the following Layer: Cartouches. I would also change the sheet effects for the CITY BLOCK and CITY BLOCK OUTLINES as indicated above (and change the names to BUILDINGS AND BUILDINGS OUTLINE)

I will finish this map off later.

I really want comments and suggestions on this please. I would love to be able for us all to use the Watabou stuff easily again.

MonsenLoopysueRoyal ScribeGlitchJuanpi
  • Ukadarlia

And here is the final Ethnic map of Ukadarlia.

Ricko HascheGlitchLoopysueMonsenLauti
  • Community Atlas - Uaigneach - Plumamaith Oasis

A town in the desert region of Uaigneach region on Berenur, using Jon Robert's desert oasis style.

Plumamaith roughly corresponds to Plum Well in Irish Gaelic.

Not quite complete - awaiting labels and critique. An Atlas contribution

LoopysueGlitchRicko HascheDaltonSpenceMonsenseycyrusJimP
  • Ukadarlia

Finally, the main focus of the project:

The country of Zelenahavan (means Verdant Haven, or Greenharbour).

Two major ethnic groups: the Vynlings and the Kratirim, with all the tensions that this will imply.

More detail on this will come of course.

JimPRicko HascheLoopysuewhit2468AleDLautiEukalyptusNow
  • Watabou City REVISED (annual 157)

I will post my revision of the Templates and Drawing tools later on. Unless @Ralf thinks that would violate the ProFantasy agreement. They will be titled Annual Watabou City QW, to distinguish them from the official version, and they will also have their own Drawing Tools and bitmaps - again, drawn from existing CC3+ bitmaps - hence I will await to hear what Ralf says before posting.

But they will fix the problem with the present annual, given all the developments in the watabou city generator since that annual came out.

RalfRoyal ScribeGlitchCalibrejmabbott
  • Ukadarlia

Update on Mercator style map.

Forests, deserts, swamps, some volcanoes, cities and a few names to go.

The grey mountains represent the highest altitude mountains.

LoopysueRicko HascheMonsenJimPLautiC.C. Charron
  • Community Atlas - Irisian City States - Dimitrios island

Here is my next Island. Not complete yet, and wanting suggestions etc.

Royal ScribeLoopysueRicko HascheCalibreJuanpiMapjunkie
  • Tatilana - Western Sergeevna

This is a quick map made in the new Silverman style (thank you Dan), showing a civilized area of the focus region for our new world. Not many labels.

This is the area I got from my master map

JimPLoopysueRicko HascheMonsenRalfLoreleiLauti