November 29, 1950
Real Name
Quenten Walker
Rank
Mapmaker
Badges

Latest Images

• Hardin region of Myirandios

BTW, 16,001 tree symbols, in the Folortalin map, nearly all added by hand in the end. Not anywhere near Ricko's record, though! 😄

Royal Scribe
  • Community Atlas 1000th map Competition - with Prizes [August/September]

• [WIP] Community Atlas - Gold Coast, Doriant

• Watabou City REVISED (annual 157)

The first most important thing is to just export as a SVG the actual elements you want and cut out all the pretty stuff. It is, after all, the street and building layout that we really want.

So ... in the generator, first check colour - make this either B&W, or Ink in the Presets.

Next, click on Style in the generator, and make sure you check or uncheck the following. Whatever I don't mention, you can choose as you wish.

1. GRAPHICS: Check thin lines, leave the rest unchecked.
    2. ELEMENTS: Districts Hidden. Check scalebar only (if you want it, leave the rest unchecked
    3. BUILDINGS: Roofs plain, leave Raised unchecked. Otherwise, choose what you want.
    4. OUTLINE: Check buildings, and UNCHECK water and roads. They will seem to disappear, but will be present in the SVG and thus DXF
    5. MISC: Check Solids; Uncheck Show alleys and Show trees.
    6. FARMS: Choose plain. Though you can exclude farms if you like and use drawing tools provided to put them where you want. However, the drawing tools will work on the farms if exported as Plain.
    7. For those interested, you can get the number of buildings and suggested population if you click on SETTLEMENTS. However, I think the population does not take into account density of population, nor multistorey buildings, so the population levels for larger cities can easily be double the suggested number in the generator.

As you can see from the example map, I have done all that.

Now export as SVG (and Png if you want).

Royal ScribeCalibre
  • Watabou City REVISED (annual 157)

Now you must convert EVERYTHING (except background, Map border and screen, of course) from Line to Path (right click the Explode button on the left hand side of the screen).

You will get something that looks like this!!

Ugh!

Monsen
  • Info, Count All command.

If you have put things like chimneys, domes etc onto a separate sheet from the actual building, just hide all but the sheet that the actual building is on, and count that, eg using delete command, getting the number of entities picked from the command line, then press Cancel.

Loopysue
  • [WIP] Community Atlas Competition - Artemisia - Spiros Isle - Aretizo village

This is the village I will be submitting for the competition - a population of 350. These are the map notes already written about it.

Aretizo (SW coast) – pop 350. A fishing village, especially around the Iamexos Reefs where a special fish, the garum, is used to make a delicious fishpaste, manufactured at the Monastery, and exported to the Irisian City States and beyond.

This is its location.

I really would like to keep Spiros island only for me to map, if that is OK.

Royal ScribeBwenGun
  • [WIP] Marine Dungeons Lighthouse (more May Annual Stairs & Steps)

And mangroves - needed for overland in Mike Schley style (which sadly neglects tropical regions), as well as dungeon maps.

Royal ScribeRicko Hasche
  • Community Atlas - Irisian City States - Megalith island

Here is another version. Comments desired.

LoopysueCalibre
  • Making outlines thicker?

What i do is add the outline like you do, then press change properties, then P for prior, and make the outline whatever colour, sheet, line thickness, line style i want. Also important to press solid in the change properties dialogue if you change the thickness from 0 to anything else

Loopysue