November 29, 1950
Real Name
Quenten Walker
Rank
Mapmaker
Badges

Latest Images

• Myirandios - Hardin Region - Athlordon Archipelago

Here is my latest addition to the region of Hardin, my personal project. I am hoping to complete all the land regional maps in the next 6 weeks!

You may recognize Spirova Island as Spiros Island of Atlas origin. I have taken this to include in the map, and turned it into a three Island 'nation' led by a rather tyrannical theocracy. (any resemblance to a future nation on earth is totally coincidental - honest).

Next map is a more 'Ukrainian' based culture or the Cossack times.

A zoomable version is in the Gallery.

Image Gallery: Hardin — ProFantasy Community Forum

LoopysueRoyal ScribeRicko Hasche
  • Community Atlas - Forlorn Archipelago - The Bleakness - Dungeon of the Dragon

Or else, resize the scale bar AFTER you resize everything. And I use Remy's SCALEDRAWING command (not official CC3+ command, unfortunately - it has always worked brilliantly for me, and takes care of bitmap scaling as well.

Here is the bit he wrote about it in his dissertation on scaling. (SCALE MATTERS, May 2018)

The Automatic Option

Because rescaling a map is actually a lot of steps, especially if you need effects and fill rescaling too, I’ve created a CC3+-addon to do all of this automatically, you only need to determine the scale factor.

To use it, download the file from this address, and put the .dll file from the .zip inside your CC3+ installation directory (C:\Program Files (x86)\ProFantasy\CC3Plus by default).

You’ll also need to have the Visual C++ 2017 runtime installed on your computer. You may already have this, but if you don’t, you’ll get an error message when starting CC3+ with this .dll in it’s directory. Download from the official Microsoft download site, you’ll need the 32-bit version (vc_redist.x86.exe)

After installing the .dll and the Visual C++ runtimes (if required), you can run the command by typing SCALEDRAWING on your command line. The command line will then ask for the scale factor, which you can provide either as the number, or the calculation as with the non-visual scale command. Once you hit enter after providing the scale factor, the command will take care of the rest. Note that it doesn’t update the display when done, so simply hit the Zoom Extents button after running the command. The map should look visually identical to what it did before, as this command handles the scaling of entities, effects and fills automatically, only way to see that the command did anything is to measure distances again after running this command (and AFTER hitting Zoom Extents). Because it doesn’t do any screen updates, it should also be lightning fast, but remember, you won’t see the result until you hit Zoom Extents. If you hit Redraw instead, you can easier see the result of the scale operation, because this leave your current zoom intact.

Profantasy's Map-Making Journal » Blog Archive » Scale Matters

GlitchJimP
  • Community Atlas - Doriant - Radizarela

The finished map, ready for submission to Remy when he returns.

Royal ScribeGlitch
  • Ukadarlia

FYI:

1.     Black – Swabentu - speak Swaheirian [Swahili]

2.     Brown – Dingadau - speak Dingadoo [Maori]

3.     Olive – Norvia - speak Norvian [Italian]

4.     White –

a.      Vynlings – speak Vinelandik [Icelandic]

b.     Kratirim – speak Ukratina [Ukrainian]

c. Qesuik – speak Iluisq [Mongolian]

5.     Aeifa (Elves) - tan skin  - pseudo Irish

6.     Davarin (Dwarves) - albino – pseudo Georgia

7.     Grim (Orc) grey skin – pseudo Hungarian

8.     Drakonis (Reptilian) - iridiscent colours as seen in beetles – pseudo Persian

JimPwhit2468Ricko Hasche
  • Ukadarlia

I may have made their heads a bit big for the bodies - i had to scale them different X and Y axis to get a more rounded face, rather than oval as is standard CA

All fixed to my satisfaction - except the scale of the man is a bit smaller than the woman - not so on the maps which will feature them, however.

JimPGlitch
  • [WIP] Community Atlas Competition - Artemisia - Spiros Isle - Aretizo village

Some progress

Royal ScribeAleDLoopysue
  • Water Temple

Where is the vat of marmalade?

Dakroflo1JimP
  • Community Atlas - Kumarikandam - Myrklund Style

Here is a better area for a jungle Myrklund map.

This is VERY much a beginning. More later on today.

Royal ScribeMapjunkie
  • Very Minor Interface Tweaks

First: When choosing Shaded Polygon by Edge in the Polygon drop down menu, it is a bit annoying to then have to type in editshading (if you even remember the command) in the command line - could editshading also be part of the dropdown menu?

Second: When choosing fractal polygon or polygon line, can a drop down menu option (ie right click) be added to edit the fractalise inputs.

Third: Could drop down menu (right click) on the erase button be added to just erase the top entity of the selection. Sometimes there are unintended duplicates. While I can deal with these by first clicking the top visual edit button, then Del then P, it would be so much quicker if I could just delete the top entity of the selection where I have had accidentally created multiple copies.

Finally, can the List command produce an output with about double the font size, and also perhaps a bigger window as well.

These are the most common procedures I use that would help a lot if put as drop down menus.

Royal ScribeJimP
  • Community Atlas: Gruvrå's Mine, Serkbergen, Peredur

No, that is OK. I shouldn't have used the word fatties, sorry. Just wanted to let people know that by changing the x and y axis independently, you can get useful distortions - from severely anorexic, to morbidly obese (all medical terms).

Royal ScribejmabbottJimP