November 29, 1950
Real Name
Quenten Walker
Rank
Mapmaker
Badges

Latest Images

• [WIP] Tatilana, a new world

I have made a start on the focus area which Tatiana has chosen. An Andean type range, I see. Obviously some contour alteration will take place, to fit the rivers that were generated in FT3. Each grid square is 500 km.

We will have fun working out the histories and cultures - to be shown in map form as well, of course.

JimPMonsenOctorilla
  • Community Atlas - Irisian City States - Megalith island

Next Island - decided to have some fun. I may put the tourist blurb on a scroll, and perhaps use non-white text.

Suggestions welcome. Including names in keeping with the 'spirit' of the island.

And the mispelling of Megaliths was a genuine error - but I think I'll let it stand.

Royal ScribeMapjunkieLoopysue
  • Community Atlas - Irisian City States - City of Tiresia using revised Watabou.

Here is my version of the city of Tiresia, using the forthcoming Watabou Cities revised annual coming out in July.

I discovered one further problem with the drawing tools being applied to the imported DXF. Regardless of the import parameters, the walls remain as 2D polygons. The work around is to use the break command on each section. Click on the icon labelled x,y in the left hand of the screen, and select the object. Untick closed.

Then apply the drawing tool. This is the method I used.

Alternatively, just use the tool to draw the walls along the lines without using Change Like Drawtool command, which is probably easier. The lines will be removed when you delete the IMPORT sheet at the end of the process.

This is the result, for a fairly big city, using the Change Like Draw Tools command only.

And after a few alterations, I am designing the city more to my liking and fleshing out the surroundings, redoing the fields using the Drawtools to get field furrows aligned automatically with the fills from Sue's Darkland City. Did a demolition job to erect a large amphitheatre/football ground.

LoopysueRicko HascheRoyal ScribeMonsen
  • World of Tatilana - Free Towns of Chervonyahuar (Red Jaguar)

Thanks. It is going to be the focus of what I hope will be a pdf I can sell on Drivethrough RPG, and will include stuff about the world as a whole, as well as detailed stuff on this area in particular. So far I have 18 linked dungeons and 12 settlements to this map, which I have begun work on.

Tatilana is named in honour of Tatiana and her adopted daughter, Ruslana.

JimPRicko Hasche
  • [WIP] Marine Dungeons Lighthouse (more May Annual Stairs & Steps)

It is vital, and totally illegal otherwise, that ALL fantasy D&D buildings must comply with the correct USA stair regulations, otherwise they will be fireballed!

Royal ScribeMapjunkieLoopysueGlitch
  • Community Atlas - Irisian City States - Tiresia City State

Got bored! Here is the Haunted Island south-east of the main Isle of Tiresia.

Feel free to make suggestions, otherwise it is ready for the Atlas.

LoopysueMonsenJuanpi
  • Ukadarlia

I am actually making them more on a insect template - this is a leather skinned, egg laying, reptilian creature, but with three parts to their body - head, thorax (with lungs) and abdomen (with tail) and six limbs and many of this group also have wings - certainly the sentient species does. A different evolutionary biology to reptiles and insects on earth, but combining features of both. They are actually the original land dwelling sentient species on this planet - the humans, elves and orcs derive from human species on Earth, stranded millennia ago on this planet, and evolving in different ways (helped by genetic modification in the very early years of human settlement - technology now lost to time). Dwarves, with radio-resistance, albino features, thin bodies and cat-like night vision, are derived from yet another planet, having settled the underground regions long before human arrival about 20,000 years ago.

So, not your standard Lizardman-dragon, or dwarf.

LoopysueRicko HascheGlitch
  • Community Atlas - Stromphe City - Captains Dock District

Finished at last. Here is the FCW for @Monsen if he wishes to add it to the atlas before the competition begins.

Royal ScribeLoopysueGlitchRicko Hasche
  • Watabou City REVISED (annual 157)

The next step is to convert the SVG into a DXF. I use the tool mentioned in Annual 157:

Cloud Convert: SVG to DXF | CloudConvert

Open a map in the Style Cities >Annual Watabou City Revised. (When it comes out). For cities, I estimate the size using the scale that comes with the generated map as a guide. The scale in the generator is in Metres, so multiply by 3 to get feet (a rough estimate is all that is needed).

The example map is about 1000 m wide, or about 3000 feet. Against my long held principles, I will do the example in Imperial measurements, to cater for all you imperialist lackeys!! 🤣 So the map will be 3000 wide x 4000 tall.

Make sure the Layer is set to 0, and the Sheet to IMPORT.

Use Draw Menu, Insert File, to insert the DXF at origin 0,0 (the default).

Right-click the scale button and choose Non-visual Scale. Right-click on the map to open the selection menu and choose Prior. The just previously placed import is now selected. Right-click again, select Do It and enter a scale factor of 5-10, or whatever seems appropriate to fill the map with the city. The previous annual showed the DXF as a small Dot, and required a scale factor of 400, but the revised version shows the DXF much larger, and requires a bit of juggling to get it just right. Make sure you scale origin is still 0,0 though. The map should now appear, roughly matching your drawing area, with some of the entities extending beyond the map border.

Here is the map of Lowrock with the dxf imported onto the IMPORT Sheet, 0 Layer.

And here it is, rescaled non-visually by a factor of 10, and then moved, non-visually, up a bit on the map to centre the city better.

MonsenRaiko
  • Watabou City REVISED (annual 157)

Here is a map done - took 45 minutes from downloading the SVG to this product - no text of course, but still, a quick town for adventure. And it gave me a chance to test, yet again, the tools I have used.

LoopysueRoyal ScribeRicko HascheGeorge