November 29, 1950
Real Name
Quenten Walker
Rank
Mapmaker
Badges

Latest Images

• Community Atlas - Berenur - Uaigneach the Desolate

I have decided I want to try out the styles I will not be using for my own fantasy world, and so will do them for the Atlas instead. I have done Ellis Prybylski's beautiful watercolour style; here is another region on Berenur using Monkey Frog Style.

I will also be doing towns and dungeons etc using styles I would not otherwise use. I am starting with the most recent styles first.

Obviously, this is just the beginning of this map. It is a Celtic-like region, mainly desert and arid, except in the south west.

The names are Irish Gaelic. Uaigneach means Desolate; Gan Dochas means No Hope.

LoopysueMonsenJimPadelia hernandezCalibre
  • Community Atlas - Kumarikandam - Northwestern Tolgad

Here is another map for the Community Atlas, in a style I have not used before - the Myrklund style. I like the jungle trees, and have used them before (especially to indicate mangrove swamps).

Text to come, after I have cogitated on the map a bit more. Comments and suggestions welcome.

Royal ScribeMapjunkieJulianDracosGlitch
  • Community Atlas City of Tartateos - Shipyards District

Progress - now for house trimmings, and street furniture, and some ships.

Comments welcome, especially on improvements needed or things added or subtracted.

LoopysueRoyal ScribeMonsenAleD
  • [WIP] Isometric city

This is the very first time I have done anything perspectives or isometric. But I was inspired by Ralf's recent video, and the current Annual issue, so I decided to give a big city a go.

Here is my initial layout - cliffs, main roads, coast and walls done.

One observation - the walls look a bit artificial with the straight parts and only 4 directions. But I hope that will not be so obvious once I add vegetation and buildings.

Comments, as always, welcome - you can only help me get better.

LoopysueJimPRicko HascheHadrianVILauti
  • Community Atlas - Kumarikandam - Myrklund Style

I think this is now complete. Not my favourite style, but I had fun doing it.

Comments and suggestions welcome.

Royal ScribeLoopysueMapjunkieRicko Hasche
  • Watabou City REVISED (annual 157)

I have decided on another map for the annual sample. I am now able to include alleys and trees in the conversion process, so feel free to add trees and alleys to your generated maps from Watabou.

This is the map I generated from Watabou, including emblem, trees and alleys. It was called Low Rock, which translates to Craig Isel in Welsh, so I am intending to go for a Welsh feel with the names. And the industry will be some sort of iron-working industry, as per the coat of arms.

I have outlined the roads to show them, but in the SVG export, I have unchecked outlines for all except BUILDINGS. I haven't got any fields, so will use Drawtools to add my own.

Here is the result after complete conversion, all using Drawtools, except for the emblem (which I also exported from the generated map).

Here is the sample map so far, using Drawtools only, apart from text.

LoopysueMonsenRoyal ScribeRaiko
  • Community Atlas Project - Download information - Contributions Welcome

I am having real internet problems, and can't get my internet to work well at all. So I am going to ask @Monsen to add this map to the Atlas - in southern berenur.

JimPRoyal ScribeMonsen
  • Ukadarlia

The male and female Norvians - rather pale green-olive skin, mediterranean types.

LoopysueJimPGlitchHadrianVI
  • Ukadarlia

The Kratirim - a Slavic -like people

LoopysueGlitchRicko HascheMonsenEukalyptusNow
  • Community Atlas - Irisian City States - Megalith island

Most recent update. I think this is ready for the Atlas. Again, thanks to @Ricko Hasche for his very helpful suggestions in a private message.

LoopysueRoyal ScribeRicko HascheJuanpi