Rank
Mapmaker
Badges

Latest Images

• Tatilana - Western Sergeevna

And his lady wife

LoopysueJimPRicko HascheLautiMonsen
  • Ukadarlia

The Dinadao - a brown-skinned race, mainly living in the tropics.

LoopysueRicko HascheJimPGlitchMonsenLauti
  • Watabou City REVISED (annual 157)

Here is what it looks like with all the bells and whistles from the Watabou generator now. You can even add you own text for various buildings of importance.

Royal ScribeScottARicko HascheJuanpi
  • Community Atlas - Irisian City States - Megalith island

I couldn't resist my lurid urges. And I made a few corrections.

Hope you get all the quirky references. Lasseter's Reef was a famous reef of gold discovered by a guy named Lasseter, in Australia - and then 'lost'. Many expeditions have failed to find it - Australia's El Dorado. So who knows what this reef will hold?!

Lasseter's Reef - Wikipedia

MonsenRoyal ScribeRicko HascheJuanpi
  • Ostralura - north-eastern region

Finally, the Republic of Mimburi - a Wal'loori newly made republic (formerly a declining empire), in decline, but still powerful regionally. This is the main subregion.I am basing its history and development on the real life Kingdom of Kongo, as an experiment in using real earth history and culture as templates for my world building. So, apart from name and geography changes, I will be making 3 significant changes in the 'real' history, and as well, keeping to the cultural basis I have set for the whole planet. ie white males (Dreschleben, in this area) occupy the same political, social and cultural niche as black women do in 1980's USA and black females occupy that of white men in 1950's USA.

Magic is based on direct manipulation of electromagnetic spectrum (etherics) which is far stronger (on average) in women then men - sort of like muscular strength sexual differences in real earth cultures, only more pronounced. And, as an aside, using etherics consumes lots of calories, so the most proficient ethericists have a small army of professional chefs to keep them well fed. So a way of social advancement for males is by getting employed as an ethericist chef!!

Here is the start of the history

The Republic of Mimburi is located in northwest Ostralura. At its greatest extent it reached from the Wolumbil Desert in the west to the Gidgee Gidgee Lake and Yalgamugga Plains in the east, and from the Jinnerwalti Ranges in the north to the Bundoo River in northern Imarbara in the south. The Queendom consisted of several core provinces ruled by the Barami Mimburanti, meaning "lord or ruler of the Mimburi Queendom", but its sphere of influence extended to neighbouring Queendoms, such as Ninajarri, Mylerian and Imarbara.

From c. 560 AU – 780 AU it was an independent state. From 780 – 1023 AU it functioned intermittently as a vassal state of the Queendom of Djamabara. In 1023 AU, following the Djamabaran suppression of a Mimburi revolt, Djamabara abolished the titular monarchy. The title of Queen of Mimburi was restored from 1054 AU until 1104 AU, as an honorific without real power. The remaining territories of the Queendom were assimilated into the colony of Nangalgarri, Imperial Imarbara and modern Autarchy of Veisterliez respectively. The modern-day Bundu ja Mimburi sect favors reviving the Queendom through secession from Nangalgarri, the Republic of Mimburi, and Veisterliez.

History

Oral traditions about the early history of the country were set in writing for the first time in the late 6th century AU, and especially detailed versions were recorded in the mid-7th century, included those written by the Ninajarran Shalenè missionary Gubbi Cabarri.  Traditions about the foundation changed over time, depending on historical circumstances.

Foundation of the Queendom

Before the founding of Mimburi, the region it would eventually control was under the control of several minor Queendoms, according to a tradition recorded in the mid-580s. It named several former Queendoms, which were included in Mimburi: NundiMangulara and Matarri, along Lake Gidgee Gidgee on the east; and Wanduli south of them; then Nembara in the center, and Soyolo and Bambil on the seacoast west of the Yarloo River. 

JimPRicko HascheRaiko
  • Community Atlas - Stromphe City - Captains Dock District

Here is today's effort. Just building frills, and street furniture to go, plus some pretty up of the frame and stuff for the harbour, then text.

So, I should finish this in less than a week, real life permitting.

Royal ScribeMonsenLoopysueroflo1Juanpi
  • Community Atlas - Irisian City States - Xenothon and Demydice Isles

Here is my next island map in the Irisian City State region.

Obviously, just the beginning. All suggestions welcome.

Royal ScribeLoopysueRicko HascheJuanpiMapjunkie
  • Watabou City REVISED (annual 157)

Now for converting this mess into proper objects on the correct sheets and layers using the Change Like Draw Tool command (right click Change Properties button on the left-hand side of the screen).

However, for each entity that we will change using the Drawtools, we MUST first set the correct Sheet and Layer. This is very important.

Here I have converted all the water - the River, the sea/lake and the bit that connects the river to the sea (estuary). First, I changed the Sheet to Water/Rivers; and the layer to Water/Rivers. I don't need to change anything else.

Second, I clicked on Change Like Draw Tool, and left-clicked to bring up the Draw Tool I want to select. I chose the Water Tool - straight, and then clicked on the entities to be changed - in this case the sea and the estuary.

I repeated the process, only this time chose the River 50 and selected the river.

Hey Presto - water finished.

Next I did the Roads - here there is only 1. So, first, change Sheet to Roads Paved, and Layer to Roads. (If you don't want paved roads with cobbles and no Edge Fade, then just set the Sheet to Roads). Then use Change Like Draw Tool command, pick the appropriate Drawing Tool (here I picked Road, Paved 10), then select the entity - the line representing the road.

Finally, at this time, I put in the Scale - for this map, I selected the Imperial Scale (<shudder goes through me> - LOL), with the size as 6. When I place the symbol, it asks for a number, and I type in 600. As you can see, it is nearly the same as the scale imported from the DXF, which is 200 metres. Not totally accurate, but good enough for me, and it measures 600 when checking with the Distance Tool.

Here is the map so far:

To be continued!

Royal ScribeMonsenRaiko
  • Community Atlas - Irisian City States - Pragites Isles

Here is the last Island map - contested territory between the Irisian City States, and the Leoner Imperium (who have control of it at present). A casus belli, for sure!

Obviously, just the beginning.

GlitchRicko HascheMapjunkieJuanpi
  • Community Atlas - Silver Springs - Monastery of Destiny

Continuing my quest to do maps in styles i haven't yet tried, here is the Monastery of Destiny, in 1930's style. This is the ground floor, just the walls only.

LoopysueJimPEukalyptusNowCalibreRicko HascheLauti