November 29, 1950
Real Name
Quenten Walker
Rank
Mapmaker
Badges

Latest Images

• Carn Dum - using Inked Ruins annual

Well, I decided to try out this annual. I've not done much in B&W before (ie none)

Larger version in the gallery

LoopysueMythal82JimPMaidhc O Casainhsv216roflo1Ricko HascheEukalyptusNowRaikoMonsenand 2 others.
  • Commission Map - Mistwood town

This is a map of Mistwood, a town set in my client's world. it is OBVIOUSLY copyright.

I am in the process of developing my own style, based on SS5, to do all my town maps in the future.

MonsenRaikoJimPRicko Hascheroflo1DaltonSpenceTheIneffableCheesejmabbottCalibreLoreleiand 2 others.
  • World of Tatilana - Bilederevo

This is the area surrounding the town of Bilederevo (White Tree)

LoopysueRicko HascheEukalyptusNowJimPMonsenLautiMythal82CalibreLoreleipablo gonzalez
  • Ukadarlia

I thought I would illustrate the whole world of Dashamargo using two different styles.

The first is for the equirectangular projection, using Erdam Worlds. Obviously in the early stages.

And the Mercator style for the two hemisphere style

The last is best viewed as a large map and high res. though I may change over to larger and fewer symbols.

But here is a close up, which doesn't look too bad.

MonsenRicko HascheLoopysueMapjunkieGlitchJimPLautiRoyal ScribeC.C. Charron
  • Watabou City REVISED (annual 157)

Here is the final draft (repeat, draft - feel free to add suggestions) for the example city for the July Annual.

I have completed all the drawtools and instructions to my satisfaction - just waiting for @Ralf to return from his well-earned holiday to see what he says. I am also going to add a plain version of the wall and tower buildings, but this will make the drawtool list quite long.

It has been quite a journey, being able to take the new version of the Medieval City Generator into a form which can be more or less easily transform into a format that CC3+ can use. I was really pleased to be able to add the trees, alleys and even more simple versions of the Coat of Arms to the mix.

The bitmap resolution still is not totally satisfactory - but if I make it too large, then the result looks strange, and if smaller, even more tiled. Grrr. And finally the hatch symbol for the fields at the top right are too fine, I think - not enough space between them for a city this size, but I am unsure how to scale them so they work better. And also how to get them to show up in the Symbol Fills list. I guess Ralf will help with this on his return.

I might also do a much smaller settlement, but use the plain style, to see which people prefer.

This is the first (probably only) annual style I have done, and I am a nervous wreck - haha I really take my hat off to those like Sue who produce such magnificent annuals. Thank you Sue amd Remy for your helpful suggestions - jsut having difficulty with the fill resolution size.

I forgot to fix the legend as per Remy's suggestion. Rather than redo it just for this correction, i will post the final map when all the suggestions have come in. I want to turn everything in by 3-4th June.

LoopysueRoyal ScribeTravellerMonsenRicko HascheDon Anderson Jr.RaikoGeorge
  • Community Atlas - Berenur - The Bucesi Nations

Update - I would appreciate feedback and criticism. Otherwise, I will submit it in the next few days.

LoopysueRoyal ScribeJimPJulianDracosCalibreGlitchMonsenjmabbottRicko Hasche
  • Community Atlas - A huge metropolis somewhere

I hanker to create a huge city like I did with Dun Fingolfin.

I also wanted to stress Watabou to the max. So here is a city with 28,000+ buildings.

I intend to detail each building, using mainly CD3A, Medieval Buildings and SS5. Obviously, various areas will be demolished to make way for Stadiums, etc, and grand hotels, big mansions, university, museums, theatres, bathhouses and red light district etc.

But this is the start. I don't expect progress to be ultra fast - Dun Fingolfin took over a year.

Also, I detail two small areas I am concentrating on this week.

ScottAMonsenGlitchRoyal ScribejmabbottShessarLoopysueLoreleiJuanpi
  • Community Atlas - NE Arum Nur Highlands

I have decided to test out the new styles making maps for the Community Atlas - my own world is based on my own style and Mike Schley, so by doing this, I can have fun with the new styles, and contribute to the Atlas - regions mainly.

So here is NE Arum Nur Highlands - very much the beginning stages, using the latest style - E Prybylski Overland 2

RalfJimPLoopysueMonsenRicko HascheMythal82GlitchGeorgeadelia hernandezLauti
  • World of Tatilana - Bilederevo

Here is the actual town. Please feel free to comment re corrections, additions and deletions. it is set in the tropics, hence lots of palm trees. The name means White Tree, hence the shield.

I followed Monsen's railway track guide for the mine tracks, and used rectangular Array for the first time.

Mythal82LoopysueGlitchMonsenJimPCalibreDaltonSpencepablo gonzalezEukalyptusNow
  • Place names for Fantasy maps

It often gets a wee bit difficult to find 'sensible', 'realistic' names for fantasy world maps. Perhaps these Tasmanian real world names will help.

Lol. Just has to share.

jmabbottRoyal ScribeMonsenQuigLoreleiTheschabiEdEroflo1C.C. Charron