Will there be a CC4?

Has anyone heard any news on development of a new version of CC? I love the software and spend lots of time on it, but there is quite a bit of instability, crashing, etc. It definitely looks like an XP era program, and it would be great if a new version hit the market for Windows 7.

So, anyone hear any news of a new version?

Comments

• 6 days later
  • edited April 2011
    Everyone at Profantasy are working hard to develope the software as quickly as possible to adapt to changes in the consumer market insomuch as adapting the programs to new O.S. challenges, graphics requirements, functionality, and eventually perhaps even accessibility to map viewers and apps for personal devices as well. It's a small - but dedicated team, and what they can and can't do, and when they can do it - really depends upon factors concerning available time, funding, and the nature of the challenges themselves.

It's still very early in the life of CC3 to really be looking at a "CC4" as being IMMEDIATELY available per se, but you can bet that while there will eventually - more than likely - be a "CC4", (at least of sorts) - in the meantime - They will most certainly keep you well stocked with any needed patches and program updates.

They are always looking at bugs and issues that creep up from time to time - which is something that is naturally to be expected when improving, developing, and evolving any application. Stay tuned to the site - and keep up with the Profantasy Blog, the news page, and here at the forums, and check your product registration page(s) for any new updates and patches that may be released - and already might be available for you to download.

ALSO - I use Windows Vista (yuck - not as good as XP in my opinion) - but I believe that Windows 7 probably has a compatibility mode like XP and Vista does. Right click your program icon and look for the COMPATIBILITY options in the new pop up menu - then, once you find it - you would choose "Windows XP Service Pack 2" or earlier - and windows 7 should be able to run the app as if it were an earlier O.S. version.
  • Simon RogersSimon Rogers Administrator, ProFantasy Traveler
    Our development environment is Windows 7, though of course we test on earlier OS. If you suffer from any instability or crashing, please do report any bugs to us so we can fix them.

There will be CC4 one day, but before that we will be releasing a final version with the current code base, but with many rewrites and additions which come from FastCAD v8. It will be called CC3 Plus. We don't have a projected release date for this new version, nor any further details, but we will have soon.
  • FarsightX3FarsightX3 Surveyor
    Will CC4 include 3rd mapping or isometric? Would the symbol art change?