Campaign Cartographer 3 does not understand the command

Hello, I have been using CC3+ and a number of its extensions for a few years, but had not used it in a while now.

I have recently reinstalled, as I am once again running weekly sessions of my PF2e game. I am attempting to create a city, but I am running into issues. I am attempting to use the tools from the Cities, Temples, and Castles menu buttons, but they are not working. In particular, the Park, Garden, and Wall buttons state the error Campaign Cartographer 3 does not understand the command {command I clicked on}. Others, such as Default Floor, Castle Wall, and Default Contour Line, seem to have no base tools that they can work with.

Am I missing something?

Thanks.

Comments

• MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 51 images Cartographer

Just for the sanity check, I assume you have tried restarting CC3+, as well as also trying with a new map.

There are situations where a command can "hang", but restarting CC3+ should take care of that. Do you experience similar issues with other toolbars, or just the Source Maps ones?

As for the buttons not having any tools, these tools are connected to the style of your current map. So if you start a new map in say Dungeons of Schley, it is quite natural that the park button doesn't have any tools, because there are no tool sin that style named "Park". These buttons are actually just filters, that show all the tools belonging to the current style that matches the filter set by the button. The Park button from CIT is unlikely to produce any results with most styles except the SM Cities style map itself since it is a specialized tool made for that style (which is also why the Park button doesn't normally show up, only when you switch to that add-on. It is possible to change your map to fetch tools from another style, but you're unlikely to actually want this as their visual style aren't designed to mesh well with your current map, whatever that might be.

LoopysueGlitch
  • I have indeed restarted. It seems to mostly be the tools from the Source Maps, but I may be entirely incorrect. I'm not far along in the city.

I see, regarding the style-specific tools. I did not realize that. The map is Cities of Schley I believe.