Reinstalling - query re Symbol Set 3 modern & Cosmographer Pro

zace66zace66 Betatester Newcomer

So Ive replaced my main drive and decided on a clean install. When downloading all the files I noticed that the above (Symbol Set 3 modern & Cosmographer Pro) do not have an install for CC3+ ...

The versions in the downloads just state CC3 so are they out of date?

Comments

• LoopysueLoopysue ProFantasy 🖼️ 40 images Cartographer

Cosmographer Pro probably won't work with CC3+, but will still work with whichever version of CC you were using it with before (presumably CC3?), as long as you have that installed as well as CC3+.

It's fine to have both CC3 and CC3+ installed. I had them both when I first started 8 years ago.

Symbol Set 3 download is updated to work with CC3+. I'm not so sure it will still work with earlier versions of CC, but since you have both it shouldn't matter.

zace66
  • zace66zace66 Betatester Newcomer

Cheers

Alas the SS3 download (filename SS3-CC3-compatability) when run informs me I do not have CC3 installed, which is correct. And I do not think the CC2-Pro will work either.

I'm not installing CC3 this time (nor my CC2 ;) ) so I guess no more Cosmographer for now.

Odd, all installs went fine, update went well, but I only have Icons for CC3 DD3 CD3 SS4 and SS5... no SS1 2 or 3. I did try running the CC3MenuConfig.

edited August 5

There are no icons for SS1 or SS2, but you should find the templates available when you make new maps.

If you only have the old version of SS3 the icon won't show up in CC3+

I have everything. As far as I can remember I did reinstall everything when I got my new PC, so the full line up should look more or less like this.

• Sue, your lineup is missing Perspective, and Token Treasury 2

Loopysue

So it is. I must have missed downloading them when I did the day of installing things.

• You're welcome. It is usually the other way around as far as helping each other is concerned.

so alas I still cant install SS3 or cosmographer pro for my cc3+.

ahhh i see i have to pay for upgrades to them both... doh.

Guess I will wait on the next humblebundle.

edited August 5

Since you already own the older versions it might be an idea to contact Profantasy and ask if there is any upgrade price. Since I wasn't around when they were upgraded I don't know if there were or were not.

Try the 'General Manager' on the Contacts page. That's Ralf. He will know if there was any reduced price upgrade and if it still applies.

EDIT: He might be a couple of days getting back to you, though, since he's currently at Gen Con.

zace66

LOL, worth a try - Ive been here a very long time. I still have the DOS boxed versions up in the loft. I did click on the upgrade on the website, but its worth asking as you say.

Thanks.

Royal Scribe