Is there any way to set "Night Mode" in the UI?

My boyfriend is legally blind, but can manage on a computer if he isn't overwhelmed by masses of white screen. He is also the GM of a very complex MERP game, and it would be incredibly useful if he could use CC3+ for the maps in the game.

I have already looked in the settings and not found an explicit Night Mode; is there any way whatsoever to shift the UI from dark-on-light to light-on-dark? I am willing to directly edit config files and the like.

Comments

• MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 51 images Cartographer
    edited December 2021

CC3+ doesn't have a way of changing the colors of the UI.

However, you can change the map background color from white to black (View -> View-Window Color, and set it to color 0), this will get rid of a lot of the white. Not sure if that is enough for your use case or not, since the rest of the UI will still be the standard light grey. (Note that this setting is a per-map setting, so you can't set it globally, and once you set the background black, you'll probably immediately notice the white screen that is around most maps, which then also can be changed to black via Change Properties on the entity)

Loopysue
  • That's kinda what I was thinking, sadly. Thanks for the quick reply. Is there a place to request features politely?

• LoopysueLoopysue ProFantasy 🖼️ 40 images Cartographer

I have already made a suggestion to the Dev team for you, and linked to this thread.

• Simon RogersSimon Rogers Administrator, ProFantasy Traveler
    edited December 2021

CC3+ allows you to draw on any background colour you prefer, and hide the brightly coloured solid background. The rest of the UI is the standard Windows grey - which is an OS setting - with standard coloured icons, not bright at all.

I assume that he has these issues with all software, and it sounds like a general Windows-based solution would be better than a per-programe basis. So, Window 10 offers Night Light, and previous versions have other options, and there a monitor based solutions, too. The main issue with providing a solution within the software is that every person with low vision has different issues. Some require high contrast, others low contrast, some are photophobic of certain colour ranges only.

I'd be interested to know how your partner copes with Microsoft Office, for example.

All that said, we'd be happy to look at what exactly it is you want and consider it for the next version.

LoopysueWyvernJimP