Change Landmass Borders to different styles?

Hello,

I am pretty new to CC3 and have been trying out some different styles to see which I want to use for my campaign map. I am a little torn though because I like the Mike Schley Overland style, just not the blue borders around the land mass and the rivers dont look natural. I like the way it looks on the CC3 Standard Overland style though.

Is there a way to change the border and rivers on the Mike Schley style to look like the CC3 Standard style?

Sorry if this information is already available somewhere, there is a lot of tutorials and sometimes it is difficult to find one pertaining to a specific inquiry.

Thank You!

Comments

• LoopysueLoopysue ProFantasy 🖼️ 39 images Cartographer

If you hide or delete the COASTLINE sheet that will get rid of the blue line, which is a separate entity to the land drawn on the LAND sheet.

I haven't got a default CC3 style map lying around I can just open, and I'm a little tangled up with 3 instances of CC3 open at the same time right now, but if you click on the LAND sheet of the default style you should be able to copy the sheet effects on that sheet, copy them, and paste them into the Mike Schley map.

As for the rivers - I believe they are drawn the same way in both styles, though the colour might be different. You can find out what colour the rivers are in the default style using List from the Info menu, and then change the properties of the rivers in your MS map using the Change Properties button on the left toolbar.

Briwood
  • BriwoodBriwood Newcomer

Thank you!

This helps a lot. I will try and copy the style to see if it makes a difference, but really jsut hiding the border is enough! I did not think to change the colour either so I will try and change the colour of the rivers to a more natural blue!

Thanks a lot for the quick reply :)

JimP
  • LoopysueLoopysue ProFantasy 🖼️ 39 images Cartographer

You're welcome :)

And welcome to the forum too, Briwood :)

Briwood