Question about the transparency Effect

Well hello again... I try to workout, how the transparency effect works

in the two picture below I set the Effect on 80% and than on 5% blue light arround the lamp. As u can see there is nearly n effect at all - what is my mistake?

I have the same with a Water sourface. The plue light is a .png file created by my own.

Thnx

Comments

• MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer

Some sheet effects don't work properly with symbols with partially transparent pixels in them, but Transparency shouldn't be one of those.

Are you sure the symbol is on the same sheet as your effect? I can see that you have hidden all sheets I can see in your list, but there are scrollsbars, so I don't see if you have hidden all of them, also, the common sheet cannot be hidden, so if it is on common, it would still be visible if you hid all sheets. (Use Info -> List on your symbol to find out)

Do other sheet effects work, at all? If not, have you hidden any layers, such as the MERGE layer?

• Hey Monsen,

Symbol was on the Same Sheet ... and actually no effect worked on my Symbol ... but than I put regular DD3 Symbol ( a random Chair) to the sheet and >>bam<< - now all effects work - also on my symbol ... easy trick - didn´t explain the "why", but as long as I can go on, its ok with me ;-)

That's weird. But I guess as long as it works now...

• Update - well actually its not working as good as I thought ;-)

each time I want to change it or after I redraw my map the effect dosen´t work.

I always have bring a regular Symbol (like the chair) to my sheet - only than the effect will work on my own png symbol

it´s ok ...but also a little bit anoying .. I will try to make the light effect with CC3+ maybe it works better

Can you upload a copy of that problematic map, as well as a copy of that symbol you made. I'll see if I can figure out what's wrong.

• Ha, I had the same idea too

I give you the light effects first - the map isn´t ready but you wan´t the fcw file?

Yea, I'll need the .fcw file.

• Effect with out the chair

Effect with the chair

effect after deleating the chair

Looks like the forum messed with the transparency of the images, they now have a solid black background. Could you put them inside a zip file and upload that?

• I´m out of my workplace for a few ours now - but back later the day

so don´t stress you to much ;-) I can find a way arround the problem.

Thanx for your help

• Ok, the x-file about my transparency is still on but I found a solution witch works arround the problem

1: No Effect with Effect

2: Instead of a have visible chair (which defently will find his way in may next rpg adventure) - I put a Arc Line

3: Blur the line

Better than nothing ;-)

LoopysueJimP

Yea, basically the same as I foun, just about any solid entity will work, but the entity have to be within view, so since exports are done in multiple passes, you won't necessarily need one line per symbol, but there must be one within view for each segment of the export.

One thing I didn't try yet, but which may work is just making that part of the symbol. A symbol can contain entities in addition to the image. Of course, those entities would be part of the symbol and get the same effects.

I've notified the developer, maybe he can give some more insight in exactly what is happening here.

Loopysue
  • Sounds Great - as more x-Files we find as moor light we can bring to the dark ;-)

JimP
  • My newest trouble now is that the light effect on the same sheet (Red Light) act total different during the converting process into a png-file - see the upper red lights -red line arround - they should look like the red lights in the lower part.

by the way im looking for a good setting in the convert options my map is 50 by 50 and I want not a good about a really good quality png file - How high should the anti alias be?

Thanx ;-)

Did you add that line of yours near those lights too? When exporting, CC3+ exports the map in sections, and it can't "see" what's outside the current section. I am guessing it is the same strange issue as above, and there isn't a "fix" in the section those lights happen to lie in.

Loopysue
  • Hey Monsen,

no I just added one line to the blue- and one line to red light sheet on the fcw file it worked.

Foor now I deleted all my png´s and worked something out with a solid half circle and a blur, glow and transperency effect

took a little bit more time and if you look closely u can see the glow of the light on the other side of the wall but its a ok for my gaming ;-)

no I just added one line to the blue- and one line to red light sheet on the fcw file it worked.

Yea, that will work when viewing it in CC3+ itself because you have the entire map in view at once. But unfortunately, to be able to produce a high resolution export, the map is exported in pieces (horizontal bands) and the fix would need to be present in each export band for it to work during the export.