Trouble connect Walls nicely

Hello, as I´m quite new in the community and still on a learning level I have a other Question.

Following the Dungeon Designer Tutorial 3, I tried to connect my Walls with the right click --> connect -->on the move, rotate button. But actually it didn´t work out that good (optically). Any ideas how i can make my Wall more nice would be also great ;-)

Thnx

Comments

• On the right hand side, there is a connect to end option. That is what I usually do. It is the diagonal line that has two circles on the end. There is also the on option just below that one.

• I don't think that's a solution to the problem. The end points of the walls are where they should be. If I understand it correctly, the main problem is, that the two entities are not combined to one cohesive one, and so walls with a thickness do not connect "nicely" like in the right example, but instead like in the left one:

There are two ways I get around that:

1) use the "insert Node" and the Node edit to create a better overlap:

Step 1: add a node with the insert node tool on the left like so:

notice: you can't add the additional node directly on the line, so place it a little to the side.

Step 2: move the endpoint of your wall on the second wall like this:

Step 3: move the node we created in Step 1 to the endpoint of wall 2:

Version 2 only works with a background:

Step 1: draw your walls as you did:

Step 2: delete them, but DO NOT USE REDRAW:

Step 3: use the path-tool to draw a wall that fills the whole wall segment, start to finish:

If you don't want to risk losing the white outline that has been produced by the delete-tool, you can always mark your wall segments, put them on an other Layer, freeze that layer, then draw along the wall as I did in Version 2, and delete or hide the old walls afterwards. But I only seldom go through that hassle.

That's just the way I do it. I don't know if that's the intended way to do it.

• Ha, ok I will try both steps later in the day. Toplace the Insert note is easy to find? is it like a button or a command? (my mother tongue is german, so I´m somtine a little cofused by english ;-)Thanks for giving me support.

• Kein Problem ^^ Der Insert node Befehl ist auf der linken Seite zu finden, ein Rechteck mit einem strichliertem Dreieck und einem "+". Direkt darüber ist "node edit":

• Fersus thnx for your advise - it didn´t work with Step one for me - but I think thats not a problem of CC3+ and also not of your discription but of my unexperience

Step to worked even if it took lots of time for my building

thnx again - great community you are ;-)

FersusLoopysue
  • Ok, afterthought: I dd recognize, that my methods do have trouble with rounded walls. And while I played around with the settings and browsed the Forum I read the post "complex shapes -- is traced better then cmb now?"

which mentions this article: https://forum.profantasy.com/discussion/7048, which mentiones where to find cmb:

there are multiple options available. What you probably want is "line to path" (you find it by right-clicking in the dynamite symbol)

just draw your walls:

choose line to path, select all parts of your wall, right-click somewhere and select "do it", hit redraw, and voilà:

so, scrap everything I said before and use this method!

Loopysue
  • LoopysueLoopysue ProFantasy 🖼️ 39 images Cartographer

Make sure the end nodes of each segment perfectly align with each other, but that shouldn't be a problem if you are using the snap grid to draw everything.

• alright will try this but actually its ok now even with round walls ... its not 100% perfect but close to ...