My mountains are dissapearing

(this tittle looks like a bad adaption of a Lovecraft story)

Hello, first of all, i'm french, so my english might be broken sometimes and it might be a really good reason as for why I can't find what i'm looking for.

I'm building my first map, so I've been watching the tutorial videos here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LlpfzlsMK2g , but i'm facing something that will probably have an easy explanation, but it's been almost a full hour since I started searching for the solution, trying things, and I can't get it to work.

Why are my mountains dissapearing everytime I scroll? not just the mountains actually, but it's usually better to start by adding the moutains before the rest when making your map (or so i've heard)

As I understand it must be a problem with the "sheets and effects" but nope, I can't understand what I have to clic, place or summon to make it work...

If someone already asked, and someone already answered, i'm sorry, I've searched but didn't find anything.

Comments

• LoopysueLoopysue ProFantasy 🖼️ 39 images Cartographer

Hello Anthonys :)

You are probably right. It is quite likely that the sheet order is to blame for your vanishing mountains.

Most symbols are set to paste themselves onto named sheets. You will see these sheets listed if you click the Sheets and Effects button . Your mountains are probably on a sheet called SYMBOLS MOUNTAINS, or one of the other SYMBOLS sheets, depending on the style you are using. The order of the sheets is upside down as it is shown in the list. In other words the BACKGROUND sheet is right at the bottom of the stack of sheets as they are rendered. Here is a quick example.

This screen shot shows the SYMBOLS MOUNTAINS sheet just below the BACKGROUND sheet, where the parchment background is visible.

(I have hidden all the other sheets to keep this simple)

In this shot I have moved the SYMBOLS MOUNTAINS sheet above the BACKGROUND sheet, and the mountains are now hidden behind the background parchment.

If you are unsure which of the SYMBOLS sheets your mountains are on, use the List option in the Info menu to find out.

JimPAnthonys_Den
  • Ok I got it, I was looking at the "terrain mountains" thinking it was my little dissapearing mountains, but it's not.

The mountains are in the "SYMBOLS".

Thank you :)