Kingdom of Malderook - Lands of Boonwood

FarsightX3FarsightX3 Traveler
edited November 2020 in Show and Tell

The Kingdom of Malderook - The Lands of Boonwood. This is a revamp to my earlier project. It decided to still use Herwin Wielink as my base template but also added in Sue's Spectrum Vegetation and my oh my did it turn out wonderful. It looks well with Sue's dark color sea palette as well! I am excited to explore the rest of my quadrants as I design them! I decided to go with a different scaling method. Big mountains and fairly large zones. I felt that this is a more realistic approach.

For those who don't know these are my concept art maps for my mmorpg project

Hi-res Version: https://www1.picturepush.com/photo/a/16321377/img/Quadriant-Maps/Kingdom-of-Malderook---Boonwood.jpg

Sad, I can't get this post to be HTML block or wysiwyg. Link will have to do lol

Maidhc O CasainLoopysue

Comments

• MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer

You can still use html if you switch to the Wysiwyg editor. If not, you'll just have to put the hi-res link below the image instead.

LoopysueFarsightX3
  • That's a nice map. Naming conventions are always interesting to me, and you've got some that I really like.

• Thanks! What are some of the zone names you enjoy?
  • MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer

So, what's the story behind your Totemlands? I assume they don't grow naturally there? :)

• I like Shaledark and Rimewood, especially. I also like the mix of "descriptive" names such as those with more setting specific origins (Malderook, Utlandast and Jacal).

• I like Shaledark and Rimewood, especially. I also like the mix of "descriptive" names such as those with more setting specific origins (Malderook, Utlandast and Jacal).

Thank you! I take pride in my naming conventions! A lot of thought goes into them!

Here is a quick lore drop for each of those.

Malderook - The Great Malderook is a forest where the first tribes dwelled. The Rooknai, are humans who hailed from here. The Kingdom of Malderook is one of the largest Kingdoms of Mahran scaling under the tiaga and temperate biomes of the continent. The Rooknai are essentially, saxon/germanic like humans.

Utlandast Castle - This is a newly built castle during the reign of the Seseraxian Empire. Before there, laid a small village called Utland that was conquered and used as slaves. Now, Utlandast Castle is a central housing point for the Empire's grasp in the northwest lands of the Kingdom of Malderook.

Jacal Barrens - Clan Jacal are a savage, militaristic band of orcs that control that area and was given that land in alliance to the Seseraxian Empire.
  • Monsen said:

So, what's the story behind your Totemlands? I assume they don't grow naturally there? :)

The Totemlands is a land that inspires ancient magic and still conforms to the old ways. This wilderness was home to the first Shaman's who garnered their power from the Tetrahiem; giants, who where off spring of the Celestials who fell from the heavens. It is believed that the Tetrahiem are the ones who built those large totems to pay homage and honor to their dark lord, Vainspire.