lost file path?

I attempted to re-install CC2 Pro because some of my old maps loaded properly through that version better than CC3 or CC3+. Anyway, there was an error message, so I cancled the load.

Now, NONE of my maps load. The ones I have created, the ones I have downloaded, nothing with the .FCW will load. I get that annoying Windows box that asks what App I want to use to open the file.

Is there a fix? And if so, how painful will that be?

Thank you in advance.

PS: If there is now fix, group prayer will be in order!

Comments

• Update, rather than panic (a second time) I open CC3+ and I can open maps through the program. I just cannot open maps from file explorer. Not a complete disaster, but close.

However, I would still like to solve the file path error if that is possible. After all, I am bound to forget about this little snafu in the future and you know, PANIC, all over again.

• When I had both cc2 and cc3 installed I had to browse to the folder of the map I wanted and double click on it to open it.

Likely just me, but I found it to be the easiest way.

• MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer

After running CC3+ once, it should set .fcw files to open in it automatically.

But that box from Windows is normal whenever a program changes the file type, windows just wants to let you know it has happened. After running CC3+ once. it should be the default option at the top of the dialog (listed as fcw32.exe), you should be able to just click Ok. And if that somehow don't work, look for other versions of fcw32.exe in the same dialog. You should eb able to tell from the icon which is the correct one. Once you have tested and know which one is correct, make sure it is selected, and the checkbox for allways use that program is checked, and you're good.

Loopysue
  • That worked perfectly. Only had to do it for one map!

Thank you.

PS: Prayer group cancelled.